PSG running Liverpool out of the building
by wcnitz (2018-11-28 15:40:24)

Liverpool's midfield setup is absolute trash in the first half. Not sure why Keita and Shaq started the game on the bench. PSG is just flying through that midfield.

Bloody Neymar!
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-11-28 17:00:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shite!

Henderson's red card might have had some influence.
by NDBass  (2018-11-28 15:46:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That being said, there are no circumstances where a Milner-Henderson-Gini midfield should be deployed.

And if Klopp is putting all his eggs in the "beat Napoli at home by 3+ goals" basket, he's more insane than I thought.

Its not quite as dire as win by 3 or bust
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-11-28 17:33:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1-0 and they’re through
2-1 and they’re out
Anything higher scoring than that and they need to win by 2

That gets them pretty far down the tiebreaker chain with
by HTownND  (2018-11-29 12:35:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A 1-0 win

The first tiebreaker is HtH points
- both would have 3 as Napoli won 1-0 in the first match

Second tiebreaker is GD in HtH
- both would be 0 with equal 1-0 matches

Third tiebreaker is Goals in HtH
- both would have 1

Fourth tiebreaker is away goals in HtH
- again, both would be tied

Fifth tiebreaker is GD in all group matches
- Both would be +2

Sixth tiebreaker is Goals scored in all group matches
- Napoli would have 7 and Liverpool would have 9

PS, I'm not sure why so many folks are reporting that Liverpool has to win by 2, that's not true (as you pointed out).

The +2 comes into play if Napoli scores.
by NDBass  (2018-11-29 18:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1-0 is the only scoreline where Liverpool can win by one and advance, assuming PSG win their match. I'm sure a lot of the reports of which you speak come from people that can't read/comprehend.

And my post was made when a 3 goal win would be needed and it looked like it might be worse. Had some fortune in the final scoreline.