End of Liverpool-Everton was absolutely bonkers
by wcnitz (2018-12-02 13:11:42)
Edited on 2018-12-02 13:13:20

I can’t believe that just happened. Did Pickford screw up? Probably. But it’s hard to say it’s entirely on him. The worst luck.

Crazy!

is there a goal line view?
by plaid_pants  (2018-12-03 18:30:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From that video it seems like the ball is over the line and out of bounds. It almost seems like it rolled on the net.

Yes.
by NDBass  (2018-12-03 22:38:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Main replay you want starts at 7:30, but some great angles should start at the time in the video below. I'm biased, but I think it is worth going back to the real-time play for Arlo White's call.

It didn't
by wcnitz  (2018-12-03 18:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would have hit the net, but Pickford pushed it back up where it bounced off the bar. Had he never touched it, it's over the goal line and a goal kick. Match probably over.

Liverpool did pretty well for the Ballon d'Or. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-03 16:36:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Want a good laugh?
by wcnitz  (2018-12-03 16:41:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look at 15-19.

Kloppy gets his misconduct charge.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-03 11:16:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a boob.

I still dont get it.
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-03 17:42:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was the end of the match. It was 2 minutes over the stoppage time.

Let's delay celebrations until we reset and blow the whistle.

From the sport that brought us ties...

Remember that time Raheem Sterling got a red card for
by tex29  (2018-12-05 10:35:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

celebrating a last-minute winner.

Oh well, I’m never surprised by the stupidity and corruption of football organizations.

Technically, it was a second yellow.
by NDBass  (2018-12-05 10:52:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he received that yellow because jumping into the crowd is a yellow card offense.

If there is a rule that a manager that does what Klopp did should've been sent to the stands, then he should've also received a match ban. I haven't read enough detail to know whether or not there is, but I'd be surprised if the FA only issued a fine if such a rule exists.

I hardly think this rises to the level of stupidity and/or corruption. The rule that earned Sterling the second yellow is in place for safety of players and fans. A Klopp hug can only inflict so much damage.

Unless I’m remembering incorrectly, he did no such thing.
by tex29  (2018-12-05 21:55:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t think he went into the crowd. He started celebrating at the edge of the pitch near the crowd, after scoring at that end. The crowd came to him—not his fault. Regardless, giving him a second yellow in that situation was total horseshit. Speaking of horseshit, the new anti- City and Chelsea loan rules are a steaming pile.

Here is the problem
by wcnitz  (2018-12-06 08:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The fans didn't go to where he was, he went to where the fans were already on the pitch and the police were trying to crowd control them. It's harsh, but the issue is possible provocation and making the situation worse.

All that said...Mike Dean.

Yeah. That looks closer than I remembered.
by tex29  (2018-12-06 09:44:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I knew he didn’t run off the pitch and into the crowd, but from that angle it looks more problematic. It’s still harsh to give a *second* yellow in that situation, thus effectively giving him a match ban for celebrating a last-second goal. But that video does make it look like a closer call than I’d remembered.

Pretty simple application of the law here
by wcnitz  (2018-12-05 14:19:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What Sterling did is a caution for a player, and as you said it was his second and he was sent off correctly.

A manager entering the field without permission isn't an explicit offense for sending off, just a violation of the constraints to remain in the technical area (which is violated routinely in every match). Basically, in most circumstances, a manager will get a verbal warning (effectively a caution) for this. The FA can then decide if it's a greater violation according to its own local regulations.

He talked about the cultural differences
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-03 18:56:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Between English and German soccer and celebratory disrespect in the postgame. I think it’s much ado about nothing.

Both Arsenal and Tottenham are being charged as well
by wcnitz  (2018-12-03 11:21:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lack of player control.

I assume Klopp will get a 1 match ban. Maybe 2, but I think that's a bit much for just running onto the pitch to celebrate.

Most likely just a fine. *
by NDBass  (2018-12-03 22:26:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's all it was *
by wcnitz  (2018-12-04 10:19:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's probably
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-03 12:58:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one of those decorum counts type deals. Scandal in dipshit old England, non-story here in the hillbillies.

Nobody would have said dick if mullet Gundy, the Pirate, Dabo, or dipshit Harbaugh would have run onto the field to hug a kicker with a minute left. North London deserve their match bans, but Klopp should just have to serve Christmas dinners to the needy.

agreed *
by wcnitz  (2018-12-03 14:25:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

100% Pickford
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-02 21:23:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why on earth would you bring the ball back into play? You tip that over the bar every time. It just goes to show you how much pressure there is in those matches...especially for English players.

You're telling me van Dijk didn't do that on purpose?
by NDBass  (2018-12-02 21:51:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What next? There's no Tooth Fairy?

Most exciting 1-0 game I've seen
by spade  (2018-12-02 13:31:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was all shots off the post and clearances from the line. Incredible match

It was glorious! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-02 13:15:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Devastating way to lose for Everton.
by 3rdSt  (2018-12-02 13:13:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was some wild bouncing along the bar!

My son put it best
by wcnitz  (2018-12-02 13:16:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That can only happen in FIFA, and I would break my controller if it did.