BR Live gets another 3 bucks from me today
by miamioh_irishfan (2018-12-11 13:49:40)
Edited on 2018-12-11 13:51:08

I can appreciate the model but it’s a little ridiculous the Liverpool/Napoli match isn’t on TNT, as it’s ibviously the most compelling one of the day.

And loses $10/month from me.
by DillonFightSong  (2018-12-12 09:25:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pazza Inter indeed.

4 EPL teams in the final 16? Didn't see that coming today *
by DakotaDomer  (2018-12-11 17:00:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep
by HTownND  (2018-12-11 17:07:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Given the precise set of circumstances needed.

JFC all the money in the world to Allison *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-11 16:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Klopp was right to break the bank for him. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 17:00:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s solely responsible for them being alive
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-11 17:05:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On both league and UCL fronts this season

So, I'm rooting for Liverpool, but...
by wcnitz  (2018-12-11 16:04:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By the book, VVD should have been off.

Like Mueller?
by iudomer  (2018-12-12 17:02:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

holy hell Thomas almost killed a guy.

don't even need to look at the book for that one *
by wcnitz  (2018-12-12 17:26:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only by the book? *
by tex29  (2018-12-11 18:18:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, because
by wcnitz  (2018-12-11 20:35:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Officiating in the CL is very lenient when it comes to direct sending off offenses.

I don't know how you look at that as anything other than serious foul play. Unlucky for VVD, but it was. Come in studs up on top of the ball, sliding, and you're responsible for the result.

Cuneyt Cakir never got that memo unfortunately *
by powerI  (2018-12-12 10:39:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I cannot stand that guy *
by wcnitz  (2018-12-12 13:04:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'll miss the next CL match.
by NDBass  (2018-12-11 17:10:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully Gomez can recover from his broken leg in time to be fit for the first knockout round. I'm not sure I want to see a CL match with a Lovren/Matip centerback pairing.

Apparently Matip injured his shoulder today.
by IrishCavan  (2018-12-11 18:11:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's been damn good the past 2 games.

Gomez is due back in about 4 weeks
by Siegfried08  (2018-12-11 18:07:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should be more than ready for a February UCL tie.

No way. *
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-12 00:43:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Depends on the fracture.
by NDBass  (2018-12-12 10:24:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I broke my fibula in mid-November and was back playing basketball in January. I walked on it for a week thinking it was a high ankle sprain. Then I was in a cast for 3-4 weeks. My biggest issue was with the ligament damage. That took longer to heal than the bone.

I haven't seen which bone he broke. Based on what I saw, I'd think it was the fibula. It also didn't look like there would be much damage other than the broken bone. They refused to let me look at his charts, though. I'm not a doctor so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

That being said, a return to light training in 4-5 weeks isn't that extraordinary. That would give him a good portion of January to work closer to playing shape. Joe Gomez is a slightly better athlete than I am. He also has access to better rehab.

I was referring to the 4 weeks.
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-12 12:41:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's had some injury history and some set backs from those recoveries. He's far too valuable for them to rush him back. So sure, he could resume light training in 4 weeks. Probably full training at 6. That would put him on course to be back by the 1/19 match against Palace. And I could very well see them holding off until 1/30 against Leceister.

Things could change with injuries or suspensions of course, but Lovren, Matip, Clyne, Milner and all capable backups. And I suspect that there will be strong consideration to play Fabinho as CB or RB as well.

I didn't make that number up
by Siegfried08  (2018-12-12 14:15:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The club said "up to six weeks," with a potential earlier return. Either way, I'd be shocked if he isn't back for the round of 16 in mid-February.
Matip broke his collarbone, so it looks like Lovren and VVD are going to be rather busy.

Nathaniel Phillips will likely get some playing time. *
by NDBass  (2018-12-12 15:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also injured.
by IrishCavan  (2018-12-12 17:08:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or so one of the beat writers on twitter claimed. I would think Fabinho or Milner? Hell, Milner is probably the 3rd goalie, right?

It would have to be Fabinho.
by NDBass  (2018-12-12 18:01:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think Milner has the height to play CB. That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if Milner was successful.

When is the drawing? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 17:26:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

12/17 *
by NDBass  (2018-12-11 18:00:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dort, Barca, Porto, Bayern, Ajax, Lyon, Real Madrid, Juve.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 20:36:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All possible opponents for Liverpool in the Group of 16. Holy smokes.

Barca and Juve are the only 2 I wouldn't favor them in *
by someguy  (2018-12-12 12:52:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mo *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-11 15:38:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Klopp tried to do you a favor.
by NDBass  (2018-12-11 15:21:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Keeping that midfield makes me think he has money on Liverpool not advancing.

Glad to be wrong.
by NDBass  (2018-12-11 17:06:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also probably glad I wasn't able to watch.

LFC had something like 24 attempts today
by Siegfried08  (2018-12-11 18:08:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate that midfield trio too, but they weren't the problem today. They linked up nicely with the front three -- Mane just had a case of the yips. Alas, through the last 16!

I just don't get the hate...
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-12 12:48:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's the same midfield that took them to the UCL finals last year.

Sure, we all like the thought of Fabinho, Keita and Shaq upgrading the midfield. But you're talking about a situation in which conceding one goal most likely gets you booted when you are playing a team that gives up less than a goal per game.

I have no problem sticking with your guns and looking for the spark from the others if you need them.

I rather like Henderson. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done and provides good leadership. Sure, Fabinho is probably the better player. But that would have been a huge, huge call to drop Hendo in the biggest match of the season.

They've been rather ineffective this season.
by NDBass  (2018-12-12 16:50:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Henderson, especially so. He needs to be consistent.

Also, you're discounting what Ox added to the midfield last season.

Ineffective at what?
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-12 19:33:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Top of the table is ineffective now?

Klopp has changed the formation/strategy to concede fewer goals. It has worked. It comes at the expense of the lethal attack we saw last year. But it's getting better.

Again, the appeal of Keita, Fabinho and Shaq is nice. But they have been far from consistent.

Tell me your lineup that you are putting out there knowing that one goal ends the tourney.

Wouldn't have been close if Mane could finish *
by wcnitz  (2018-12-11 17:32:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Henderson is gonna get them knocked out *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-11 16:02:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"one match per game window (two each day) televised on TNT"
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 13:56:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are showing Barcelona-Spurs on TNT in the same window as Liverpool-Napoli. The schedule was probably made out long ago. Who would guessed the game at Anfield would have been so crucial? No one can blame putting Messi and Kane on TNT.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/tnt-usa/

Well Messi isn’t playing
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-11 14:30:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And they probably could’ve predicted the final group game would be meaningless for a Barcelona while the last games on Group C would be the most interesting. I get your point but I’m the modern media landscape flexibility should reign.

Tons of Liverpool fans forking over their singles today I imagine.

Second time their Tuesday match
by wcnitz  (2018-12-11 13:54:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hasn't been the most compelling one. I paid for the whole season at the start. Ugh.

Really wish FOX had kept the rights, but they were outbid. I'm already paying for Match Pass since I need my weekly Bundesliga fix.