Liverpool folks
by HTownND (2019-01-04 16:04:48)

What was the story with Dom Solanke?

I'll be honest, I stopped paying attention once he left Chelsea, but saw he just moved to Bournemouth today.

Not enough room at the inn? Something else?

I think he's a very good talent, but just curious what happened at Anfield for him to move on so quickly.

Chelsea folks...
by iudomer  (2019-01-05 20:35:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How pissed you gonna be when Bayern sign CHO?

Very
by HTownND  (2019-01-06 10:38:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’ll see if it comes to pass

He looked fantastic against us Tuesday
by alleghenyirish  (2019-01-11 13:44:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm struggling to think why they've bought Pulisic unless its a marketing move, when you have this guy in your team already

Watched him the other day
by wcnitz  (2019-01-07 07:00:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That kid has some serious skills. He and Coman opposite each other would be scary.

By the way
by HTownND  (2019-01-11 11:13:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know how the transfer game is played, but am I wrong to think (like many Chelsea fans) that Bayern's been pushing the envelope in their comments about Hudson-Odoi.

Sure you get a lot of he's a great player and we're always interested in great players comments.

But Bayern has come out and actively said they are trying to sign him.

Just curious if I'm viewing this through Blue glasses or not.

Bayern's typical MO
by wcnitz  (2019-01-11 21:04:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They won't publicly discuss *acquiring* a player until they've already had permission to contact them, or the deal is already done.

The English papers like to report a lot of crap and see what sticks to the wall. Not many actual quotes from Chelsea outside of Sarri saying (now) that he's going to play more, and Rudiger talking about how he was asked about life in Germany.

Bayern doesn't buy from the Prem often, so fans of football there don't see how this typically works with Bayern in Germany. If they openly talk about bringing in a player, it always happens.

I don't like it
by alleghenyirish  (2019-01-11 13:46:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Similar to how I don't like Neville coming out and Saying Poch needs to go to United.

But Zola has done similar regarding Callum Wilson so I think it is something most clubs do.

No one does it more than Barcelona
by wcnitz  (2019-01-11 21:05:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just do it through 3rd parties, like Xavi. It's pretty stupid.

Yep
by HTownND  (2019-01-07 09:22:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he goes Chelsea should fold their academy, because I don’t understand why we would continue to invest resources and then just let these kids walk.

Because of the homegrown rule Hudson Odoi is worth that much more to the club.

Was surprised the Reds are holding onto Lallana.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-04 18:39:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think that actually bodes well for Liverpool, but I was surprised nonetheless.

Not enough room.
by NDBass  (2019-01-04 16:15:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't exactly shine when given limited opportunities, but it is kind of hard to really impress with what he was given. Might not be good enough for Liverpool and the system. I think he can do really well at a mid-level team.

Rhian Brewster happened.
by NDMike2001  (2019-01-04 16:48:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He essentially fits the same role as Solanke, but couple years younger. He was up for contract last year. There was a LOT of interest in him. I think that Klopp had to promise him 1st team opportunities (i.e. Solanke's slot) when he came back from injury.

I suspect that they would have preferred to sell Sturridge or Origi for a nice profit, but they weren't going to cave on asking price, so they took the premium for Solanke.

Sturridge and Origi will be there for depth through the end of this season. I suspect that one or both will be gone next year, clearing the way for Klopp to sign a top striker/attacker over the summer. With Firmino and Salah now proving to be able to lead the line in two different kinds of set-up under Klopp's system, he'll have more options to pursue either a classic striker like a Timo Werner, or someone that fits the false nine type of role.

I imagine
by wcnitz  (2019-01-04 17:17:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Klopp will be appealing to Timo to come to the PL.

Not sure Timo wants to leave Germany, TBH.

Go big or go home.
by NDMike2001  (2019-01-04 23:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liverpool's recent transfer record has been incredible. Notwithstanding Neymar, a pretty strong argument can be made that in each of the last few windows Liverpool have signed the best available at their respective areas: attack (Salah), DM (Fabinho), CM (Keita), Keeper (Alisson), CB (Van Dijk). Klopp's flexibility between the 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 will now let him focus on finding the best striker or attacking player "on the market." Werner may be the best classic striker, but he may not be the best attacking player.

Klopp may make an obligatory run at a guy like Mbappe. Maybe Sessignon. If and when that fails I can see a number of possible targets like Dembele, Brandt, Insigne or Bailey.