Pedro and Willian
by HTownND (2019-01-31 11:00:09)
Edited on 2019-01-31 11:39:02

In reply to: HTown  posted by wcnitz

Aren't getting younger, and yes, Hazard might leave. So they want to see how it shakes out.

That's about it.

That said, I'm sort of amazed that anyone thinks that trading Chelsea for Bayern will increase playing time, although if Bayern hadn't been tapping him up and making promises, we probably wouldn't be here.

But it appears Chelsea just decided they aren't going to capitulate to Bayern, which is fine by me. If he leaves, he leaves, but he'll do so on the club's terms, not his or Bayern's.

Transfer Ban
by alleghenyirish  (2019-02-04 13:58:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know there are some rumors about Chelsea getting a transfer ban, wonder if this plays into it at all as well

Chelsea is fairly confident that won't happen
by HTownND  (2019-02-06 12:26:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also think that if EH decides to go to Madrid, that's what is driving this decision more than anything.

If EH leaves, they will want CHO to help fill the giant gaping hole left behind.

He would start at Bayern next year
by wcnitz  (2019-01-31 12:14:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For all intents and purposes. Coman, Gnabry and him in a rotation.

I think 'tapping up' is a little exaggerated here. This isn't Jose having dinner with Ashley Cole. As long as they went to the agent, it's technically on the up and up.

The real issue was Brazzo discussing it publicly. That was dumb.

That last part
by HTownND  (2019-01-31 12:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is part of tapping up, right?

And surely, promises of playing time were made. Sarri was right in that case, Bayern got out in front of their skis, and their public statements of interest were bullshit. I know I have blue colored glasses on, but it didn't seem right at the time, and doesn't seem right now.

I get it, Bayern wants him, but Bayern doesn't always get what someone just because they want them.

I also think Chelsea are willing to wait, because Bayern will apparently need someone for next season, and will have to make a signing one way or the other.

So it's August of 2019, Bayern needs cover for the aging stars who are leaving. Chelsea still won't sell and CHO can't leave on a free yet.

Is Bayern going to start the season without a signing? Probably not. And whomever they do sign, will probably block CHO as well.

Sure he could start negotiating in January of 2020 for his free transfer that summer, but I suspect Chelsea would rather wait it out and make Bayern sign someone else first, rather than just acquiesce to them (which goes back to, Bayern should have kept their mouths closed, because Chelsea would have been much more likely to play ball without the public statements, but now, are digging in).

As a general term, agreed
by wcnitz  (2019-01-31 12:37:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's 'tapping up', but nothing that violates any rules (at least any rules that are enforced anymore). Blame Barcelona, Madrid and a few others for that, though. Bayern didn't used to be that way, and trust me when I say that few Bayern supporters are in favor of Brazzo talking publicly about transfers.

In regards to what happens with the kid, I think it may be up to him more than anyone. Chelsea can absolutely hold firm and refuse to sell him, but a) he's going to get to decide where he ends up if they do transfer him, it's his contract and b) the optics of it in the view of the other players coming out of their academy. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I think Chelsea have decided
by HTownND  (2019-01-31 12:41:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are going to stand their ground on this one.

CHO isn't the only academy starlet (see RLC, Mason Mount and others), so digging in with him won't poison the well with others per se.

I will say this, from the Chelsea side, CHO was the one they didn't send out on loan, who they kept with the first team for training (even if he's not seeing a ton of time on the pitch in PL games). And I think they are pissed for giving CHO that chance that they didn't give to other academy folks that went out on loan first (RLC, Mount, etc), because now he wants to leave because Bayern started whispering in his ear.

Like I said, I think they've decided to say F it, we're holding firm here. It's why Sarri said the board said we weren't going to sell him this summer either. It was a shot back at CHO and Bayern to say he's not for sale this summer, we're prepared to wait it out. I'm fine with that stance at this point.

42 players on loan
by wcnitz  (2019-02-01 08:33:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

RLC is 23, too. He played more for CP than he will this year for Chelsea. Could you blame him if he wants to leave, too?

He doesn't want to leave
by HTownND  (2019-02-01 14:36:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, he's been hurt.

I don't think you'll go broke sending Willian packing.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-31 11:43:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't seen that guy do a thing all season.