I think it’s Liverpool’s year
by DakotaDomer (2019-08-17 11:31:42)
Edited on 2019-08-17 11:32:23

ManC and Liverpool are both going to score a lot and maybe even lose some but they’re never going to tie

Whoever gets the better out of the series between the 2 will take the crown. I don’t think either of them is going to drop very many points to the other top 6 teams.

And then we can say that whoever plays at ND Stadium takes the PL.

No chance.
by NDMike2001  (2019-08-18 05:04:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just don’t have the depth that City has.

They will likely drop points with Alisson out. They almost did already. Southampton dominated much of that match.

Salah and Van Dijk have played every minute this season including the extra time of the Super Cup. These things catch up.

Even that win against an out of form Chelsea team was essentially a tie.

If it was just the epl that would be one thing. But they’ll be spread thin with Champions league, World Cup and domestic cups. I just don’t see it happening.

Agreed
by wcnitz  (2019-08-18 09:40:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even with an injury to someone like KDB, they still have the depth to overcome. Proved that last year and they’re deeper now.

This post aged well...
by ChicagoWave03  (2019-08-17 14:25:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But that was a total bullshit disallowed goal for City.

Correct call
by wcnitz  (2019-08-17 14:28:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s 100% correct based on the letter of the law.

That’s fair
by ChicagoWave03  (2019-08-17 17:03:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I should have said the change to the rules this off-season was stupid. There is no substantive reason that shouldn’t have been a goal. Jesus still had plenty to do to finish it.

It’s a “spirit of the game” change
by wcnitz  (2019-08-17 18:50:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If that arm touch had come several seconds and touches earlier, it wouldn’t have mattered. But it did directly lead to the scoring chance, and it’s clear that it redirected the path.

This whole push was to remove the possibility of ever getting s goal from a handball, intentional or not. FIFA considers that to be against the spirit of the game, maybe more than any other situation. They sent out a memo years ago without changing the law that basically said “no scoring with the hand, period.” They finally just put it into the laws and removed any ambiguity..

Where was FIFA
by HTownND  (2019-08-18 10:33:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When Thierry Henry knocked out the Republic of Ireland.

Sorry, but F FIFA

You’re not wrong
by wcnitz  (2019-08-18 10:49:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They should have changed the laws after Maradona.

very true
by HTownND  (2019-08-18 11:03:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t hate the change, it’s just really fucking late.

I’m at Brits Pub in Minneapolis
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-17 14:29:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I don’t have the first clue why the hell happened

As far as I can tell the goal was taken away after the restart

Can anyone give me a play by play explanation?

Ball came off the arm of a City player
by wcnitz  (2019-08-17 14:31:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As it went to Jesus. So because the handling created a scoring opportunity, no goal. The ball direction was clearly changed by the touch.

In the normal run of play, it isn’t handling.

But when was the VAR called for and when was goal disallowed *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-17 14:32:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guys in booth did a good job. ID'ed it right off, no goal *
by spade  (2019-08-17 15:26:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently immediately
by wcnitz  (2019-08-17 14:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nobody on NBC knew it went to VAR for that until Oliver was already signaling for a free kick to Spurs. Maybe 40-50s after it was scored, before the restart. City was still celebrating.

Thanks, now I get it
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-17 14:47:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always hard to understand what happened at the bar

And after 3 Guinness

Hey the Liverpool winning it all part did
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-17 14:28:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Odds for then went up today

Yeah true... only the draw and top 6 points! *
by ChicagoWave03  (2019-08-17 17:02:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really like the new rules so far! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-08-17 14:26:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post