Chicago Fire's new logo
by Irishlawyer (2019-11-21 12:37:39)

Went from one of the best in soccer to perhaps the worst.

RSL and Vancouver merged to open an expansion slot? *
by plaid_pants  (2019-11-21 17:56:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s....a....different *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-11-21 13:53:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe I won't finally start caring about MLS after all *
by ChicagoWave03  (2019-11-21 13:43:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seems like they were aiming to look more European *
by dwjm3  (2019-11-21 13:16:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, second division Greece or Turkey *
by wcnitz  (2019-11-21 13:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I get why they needed to change
by wcnitz  (2019-11-21 12:54:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But my god, that is just awful. On top of that, someone can STILL easily mistake this for a fire department symbol. Not as easily as the former, but still. There is no soccer identity here.

I am in awe at the amount of money that goes into these changes and how poor the committee-based workshop-driven results can be.

I don't get why they needed to change. *
by NDBass  (2019-11-21 13:28:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ongoing reasoning
by wcnitz  (2019-11-21 14:01:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Outside of just a rebranding in general, is that their players and employees are continually mistaken for being Chicago FD members.

They should be so lucky
by DakotaDomer  (2019-11-21 21:29:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s better than being correctly identified as a shitty organization / team

also, a search for "Chicago Fire" on google
by Irishlawyer  (2019-11-21 15:23:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

yields results that link to some television show.

This rebrand does not solve that problem.

Yeah, but tbf they did have it first *
by wcnitz  (2019-11-21 15:29:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And had Andy not been the boss
by Irishlawyer  (2019-11-21 15:30:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they might have had more hits and better search rankings!

They ceded the high ground with a decade of suck.

That they did *
by wcnitz  (2019-11-21 15:31:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nor Porp *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-11-21 13:32:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They could not have shown this to a single Fire fan
by Irishlawyer  (2019-11-21 13:24:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The colors make no sense - especially if they wanted a "Chicago" rebrand.

It looks like the Ice King's crown from the Adventure Time cartoon or the Whitecaps East logo.

It is so bad that they are deleting negative comments on their facebook page and they rarely do that (I can attest to this as I rarely post a positive comment there and all of my old posts remain).

Tragic. They still have Nelson, a ton of allocation money, no players, and a shit logo with colors that make old Fire gear obsolete. Not a good start for Joe.

Or to the single Fire fan *
by Rocksteady74  (2019-11-23 19:34:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even Worse
by alleghenyirish  (2019-11-22 12:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's a certain gang in Chicago that uses a logo very similar