Reyna - Tor
by Chico15 (2020-02-04 16:26:26)
Edited on 2020-02-04 17:27:15

With a postage stamp for Dortmund in the DFB against Bremen. Down 3-2 with 10 to play

A postage stamp or a dime? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-02-05 13:36:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Question for the BL experts
by montroy28  (2020-02-04 20:44:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been watching the Premier League for a long time. Cantona/Setanta-at-the-bar era. You get used to watching a certain style and standard.

Thanks to Liverpool, that is somewhat boring these days. And since YTTV can record just about anything easily, I threw all Bundesliga matches into my library even though I've never really followed the league closely. My question is: was it a bad couple of matches I watched for defenders/goalkeepers, or are howlers really commonplace?

In the Dortmund v. Leipzig match, there were a couple of stunning gaffes. Then, this past weekend, Leipzig were the defenders gifting a goal to Monchengladbach. That match was tense as hell otherwise, a real spectacle.

I've found myself more entertained watching random Bundesliga matches where I really have no rooting interest than I have been in watching the PL lately.

wcnitz is correct...
by iudomer  (2020-02-05 08:40:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The defense is lacking but more attacking talent. You put on a Leverkusen/Schalke match and prepare to be entertained. I put on a Wolves/Arsenal match and I'm bored to tears.

Or Burnely against anyone
by wcnitz  (2020-02-05 08:42:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dyche is a beautiful shithousing bastard.

Thanks, guys *
by montroy28  (2020-02-05 19:41:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Younger players in more of an attacking league
by wcnitz  (2020-02-05 07:02:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The defensive quality just isn’t as good. For as much as people talk about their scoring, Bayern was incredibly dominant for so long because of their back 4.

Holy Lord that was gorgeous! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-04 17:21:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's the video
by Irishlawyer  (2020-02-04 17:14:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Boys, the USA has a bona fide shooting star in the making. His career will be fun to watch.

Also
by wcnitz  (2020-02-04 16:44:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ref bottled the late decision.

You can't caution the guy who threw him to the ground. You just can't - either it's simulation or it's a penalty and a red card for violent conduct. There is no in between. What he did has no support in the laws of the game. Poorly done.

I thought those were the right calls
by spade  (2020-02-04 18:59:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seemed like Reyna dropped like a fish twice which doesn't really warrant a penalty. If Moisander instigated a scuffle between both sides, then the ref can give a yellow for pushing and shoving but I didn't think his actions were 'violent conduct' as I don't think Moisander touched his face or head.

The fact it was a free kick to Bremen tells me the pushing and shoving wasn't the first 'foul' on that play, but likely Reyna's initial flop.

The problem is...
by wcnitz  (2020-02-05 06:59:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That it occurred off the ball. And he still cautioned the other player. So what was the act? The DFB will have to explain that, because when it’s wholly off the ball like that, the contact is basically either VC or nothing. And did he book for simulation? But there was contact, he had a fist full of shirt and clearly did pull him forward and push him back. You can’t be booked for embellishment.

This felt like a situation where he wanted to take the easy way out.

Maybe for first simulation, I agree it was the easy way out *
by spade  (2020-02-05 20:28:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two amazing goals in that game! *
by wcnitz  (2020-02-04 16:26:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post