Leipzig with more shots, more possession, & more ...
by Rocksteady74 (2020-02-19 17:02:53)

... ambition than at-home Spurs. And a deserved 1-0 win.

Jose has an empty gun
by wcnitz  (2020-02-19 20:49:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His post-match quote about Dele was...tasty.

“The team was better after he came off.”

I prefer Lamela to Dele of late *
by spade  (2020-02-20 09:19:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lamela was solid
by wcnitz  (2020-02-20 09:49:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was damn close on a couple of those free kicks.

LawnBallSports was without five starters...
by iudomer  (2020-02-20 08:57:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

poor Jose and Spurs missing two guys.

what a shit response
by alleghenyirish  (2020-02-20 10:47:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes the best performing attacking duo in the Premier League over the last few years "only two guys"

Good lord.

That is a good laugh. *
by ChicagoWave03  (2020-02-22 08:50:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gotta keep up the DVD sales mate *
by mitquinn  (2020-02-23 01:53:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Best attacking duo in the EPL?
by Siegfried08  (2020-02-20 16:16:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ahem.

Well
by HTownND  (2020-02-20 16:21:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When you take credit for your teammates goals...

I knew that was coming! *
by wcnitz  (2020-02-20 18:57:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm nothing
by HTownND  (2020-02-21 14:08:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If not consistently an a-hole

So Leipzig down five defenders essentially...
by iudomer  (2020-02-20 14:31:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and they still have International class players to attack and Spurs can't score?

Yep, shit response by Spurs indeed.

To be fair to Jose
by wcnitz  (2020-02-20 09:50:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had a lot less bullets to start with. That side needs...a lot of work.

I bet he cannot wait to pack Aurier's bags.

He’s got a funny way of showing his distaste of Aurier
by IRISH01  (2020-02-21 15:03:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was at the match and everyone was scratching their head at the continued selection of Aurier in the starting 11. He’s crap. His crosses rarely result in a goal scoring opportunity and Jose plays better defence from the touch line than Serge. Play literally anyone else - I’m willing to be a substantial sum that Aurier will appear in the starting group again tomorrow.

Rant over - Spurs have no attack and no midfield to deliver it to the front line. Purely mediocre squad without one of Son & Kane. I want to see Lo Celso further up the pitch and any other strategy than jump balls to 5’7 Lucas Moura.

Sure...
by iudomer  (2020-02-20 09:51:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but it's the same shit Levy has pulled each transfer window, not having an adequate backup to Kane. You know he's getting injured all the time...makes sense to get that done.

That's why it's always best...
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-19 22:46:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for him to manage a side I get to see with regularity. He's the best entertainment!

I don't see a lot of the Spurs, but nearly every ...
by Rocksteady74  (2020-02-19 21:28:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... time I have seen them, a cone could have replaced Dele with no negative impact on the team. I had read that he was doing better under Jose, but in the part of the game I saw today there was little evidence of that.

He disappears often
by wcnitz  (2020-02-19 22:09:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And, as I’ve said many times, his biggest issue is he turns petulant when things aren’t going his way. Like today.

Dele’s magic is gone
by IRISH01  (2020-02-21 15:06:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s been bad for nearly 2 years, erasing all memories of his amazing run of impressive performances. He needs a change of scenery and Spurs need someone else. He’s invisible most matches for a team desperately seeking an attacking force.