Ramos gets beaten by Jesus for a header
by wcnitz (2020-02-26 16:43:08)
Edited on 2020-02-26 16:55:00

And Carvajal gives up a stupid penalty. Not exactly the mastery you expect from Madrid at the Bernabeu.

And now Ramos sent off. Now it's funny. Jesus bought it, but Ramos shouldn't have grabbed him. When you're toast, you're toast.

edit: and Juve goes down. Wow.

And Sarri's upset he can't get the same calls in Europe
by DillonFightSong  (2020-02-27 13:31:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Rubentus (and only Rubentus) regularly gets in Italy.

The former Chelsea boss believes his side should have been awarded two clear penalties, which could have impacted the result. ‘In Italy there would have been two penalties for us, on Ronaldo and on Dybala,’ continued Sarri. ‘In Europe there is a different meter and we must adapt.’

Yeah I saw that
by wcnitz  (2020-02-27 14:34:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Talk about entitlement.

Madrid played so-so
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-02-26 18:13:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but not up to their standard in Champions. Without a talisman who can finish in the final 3rd I did not think a Champions run would be possible this year. I am thrilled with the return of Isco. One of my favorite players but the team is in transition and the loss of Hazard put the last nail in the coffin this year.

No time for pity. Barca comes on Sunday. The league is still within Madrid's reach. They aren't going to win by 2 at the Etihad.

Oh and piss on the EPL. I hope the whole league burns to the ground and that somehow Simeone can pull one out of his rear end and send Liverpool home.

I will not be surprised if RM moves on.
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-26 18:19:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree today hurt a lot, but City has been pretty weird this year. 3-0 in Manchester? I'd never bet against it. And all they need is 2-0.

If Cristiano was still with Madrid I
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-02-26 19:14:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

might believe but Bale is a complete pussy, Vinicius is too young yet and Big Benz (one of my favorites) has disappeared at the absolute worst time. The Hazard loss is a killer.

City has weaknesses but the match up that I thought would decide the game DeBruyne v Casemiro was completely bossed by DeBruyne. He is a special player. Casemiro is a hoss but he was on skates all night and lost the ball 17 times in the match.

Madrid needs to play perfect if they want to advance. I never count them out in Champions but it is looking grim. Spain looks like they will crash out of the tournament early this year.

Alphonso Davies is Gareth Bale
by wcnitz  (2020-02-26 19:38:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With a superior attitude and work ethic. Discuss.

Also, I think Barcelona will squeak through but Zidane has too big a hill to climb. Could be wrong.

Its an interesting comparison
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-02-27 11:42:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel that Bale no longer has Davies' giddy up but that Bale was more prolific and has a better shot than Davies (especially the left foot). At this time in Davies' career Bale was playing defense so its even harder to compare as Davies isn't even 20 yet and is only scratching the surface of what he will become if he stays injury free which Bale has not been able to do.

I am up for a trade though WC if Bayern is willing to take Bale. You in? Hahaha.

Very entertaining match *
by tcfc  (2020-02-26 17:29:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not shedding any tears for Ramos
by santamonica  (2020-02-26 16:48:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He got beat on the header by a relative midget, and was whining about being pushed.

Dumb to pull on the shoulder like that; just asking to draw the red card on a DOGSO.

He's a veteran, he has to be smarter
by wcnitz  (2020-02-26 16:52:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ANY foul outside the 18 there is an automatic red.

When you're beaten, you are BEATEN. You know it, the attacker knows it, the referee knows it. Unacceptable to do something so dumb.

Loved his match.
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-26 16:55:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it hadn't been for Casemiro, he'd have given up an own goal, too. Fuck that fucking fuck!!!