I don't think he's that beholden to MLS
by wcnitz (2021-12-19 14:22:08)
Edited on 2021-12-19 14:23:10

In reply to: Which potential USMNT players need to move?  posted by SixShutouts66

In the qualifiers that have mattered, the best players have generally played (yeah, can bring up some exceptions but they are just that).

I don't think keepers need to go to Europe, necessarily. It's more about them being able to play with their feet in our current system. Turner is who he is, he probably won't ever become a great ball playing keeper but he's a terrific shot stopper.

Pulisic probably does need a move. Chelsea just have no offensive identity these days. Everyone else currently in Europe is probably where they should be right now. Scally is starting a *lot*, Konrad is starting to play, CCV is doing well in Scotland, etc.

The guys who need to move overseas from the US are Clark, Miles Robinson and Bello, off the top of my head. Robinson has a much higher ceiling IMO, and Bello is very gifted and could use seasoning at a higher level even if it limits his playing time in the short term. He's more of a 2026 guy anyway. Clark (and Cade Cowell) are a mountain of potential that could be tapped.

Replies: