When was the activity - recent, years ago, other?
by Grace91 (2024-04-05 13:42:39)
Edited on 2024-04-05 17:18:47

In reply to: Korbin Albert forced to appologize  posted by Tex Francisco

Edit - I found that the Rapinoe injury was last November, so somewhat recent. I still haven't found the date of the other occurrence. For anyone potentially near a spotlight, social media is a third rail. Even for the rest of us, it's still a gamble. It's interesting that this is coming up now. Presumably due to Korbin's emergence on the USWNT. She should have done better as a person. Hopefully she has a chance to do so without destroying her career.

I have seen a few articles but have not found that. Hopefully she learns to avoid social media as it seems to wind up with more bad than good. Hard to understand why she would engage in the activity, particularly liking a post that is expressing anything other than regret about someone getting hurt.

It will be interesting to see if this sinks her career before it starts. Thus far the response from the senior members of the team does not look positive. I would have hoped for one that expressed disapproval with her activity while at the same time noting that they would seek to have a discussion with her and help her to learn and improve. Right now all public facing comments that I have seen all have discussed only how it was unacceptable.

I am not saying that her actions were acceptable. They weren't. But the response (edit to clarify) - the response from others to her - has shown no indication of trying to improve things.

At the risk of earning more ignores, Rapinoe was electrifying as a player and was a favorite, but it would be good for her to fade away. Maybe she has, but understandably felt it important to respond in this case. That's fine. We will see how things move forward.

Finally, hopefully Korbin learns from this and becomes a better person and teammate, whatever her beliefs may be. Hopefully she has not ended her career before it began.