She should not have liked said post. But apparently Rapinoe
by Grace91 (2024-04-06 20:45:40)

In reply to: She liked a post saying that her teammate tearing her  posted by mattchell

stated that her tearing her achilles is a sign that there is not a God. I find that important context for the post that she apparently liked. I do not think that said post should have been made by whomever it was who did so, nor should Korbin have liked it.

You disagree with calling it a witch hunt, fine. But there is no doubt that the response has been completely one-sided and absent any context. Horan failed miserably as a captain in her statements. She could have expressed the same disappointment while also noting the importance of helping others learn and grow. She did not do so publicly. That's a failure of leadership. Horan is nearly 30. Morgan, who also provided a statement, is nearly 35. They have significantly more life experience than Albert and should have made use of it. Rapinoe will be 40 this year. As the aggrieved party she deserves more slack, but she is roughly twice Albert's age, made a statement that some might find objectionable (although I agree that it is of a different magnitude), and lashed out with no public attempt to help Albert to see the error of her ways, rather, in my opinion she knowingly and intentionally unleashed a firestorm.

Albert absolutely and unquestionably was wrong. She should not have done what she did. No one should be happy at another's injury, and in particular not that of a former teammate of one's new teammates. I'm not disputing that. However, she did it, she acknowledged her mistake and its impact, and she apologized. She's also still basically a kid, or if you wish, a very young adult. Should she be emblazoned with a scarlet letter forevermore? You seem to think so. I could not disagree more.

Regarding your tables turned scenario, Rapinoe is nearly middle-aged. She has 20 years of life experience as an adult, so were she to do something similar, I think that it would speak more poorly of her. I don't believe that she would do so. At the same time, she is no stranger to making declarations that some might find problematic.

I'd like to see more effort, everywhere, to work to be more tolerant, kinder, and working to improve harmony than to create disharmony. Albert failed there. So did Rapinoe, Morgan, Horan, Kilgore, and others.

Have a good evening.