I'll get pelted with empties
by irishrock (2020-03-25 02:43:15)

In reply to: Georgetown is really the weird one  posted by irish2003

but I wonder where ND would be if they had stayed in the Big East. I just can't help but think that their basketball program would be better, football would be more independent, and the other sports would do quite well. I think it would be a better fit culturally (9/10 schools in Big East are Catholic schools), academically ND would be a leader along with Georgetown and Villanova, and they would be more competitive. When the ACC is good, they are really really good and if ND is just okay, they'll still get throttled. I would categorize the Big East as one elite (Villanova) with six or seven competitors (like Creighton and Seton Hall this year...both would have been #2 or #3 seeds). so I'd think ND would have better luck in the Big East. Lastly, ND would not just matter, but likely be quite influential. ND doesn't matter to the ACC, just like they wouldn't have mattered to the Big 10. Lastly, the Big East tourney at MSG in New York is a premier conference championship.

Your take on Georgetown is right on. I'll be interested to watch their future as Ewing coaches them, I'd think they'd bring in some more talent and we'll see if he can develop it.

Replies: