Thomas being left off the Dream Team
by Ajax (2020-05-05 14:00:49)

In reply to: Thoughts on Jordan's Last Dance?  posted by DBCooper

has been brought up in a couple of episodes.

IMO I always felt like Thomas talked a big game because he had enforcers to back him up.

I also remember his kissy face with Magic in an All-Star game and then he went ahead with a cheap shot on him in that same game. He led the freeze out of Jordan in 1985- forgot about that. Also, the ringleader of them walking off the court after being swept by the Bulls and being part of the cheap shots in that game 4. I still remember an article by a Chicago sports writer about the Bulls taking out the trash with the sweep.

Yeah- I can see why the other guys did not want him on the team.

I laugh in these comments about Bird being at the end of his career, because Thomas was close to the end as well. Now Mullin over Wilkins, I still don't get that.

The Seinfeld appearance in The Last Dance was gold.

I don't know what to make of Seinfeld.
by Tex Francisco  (2020-05-05 19:40:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He may actually be more arrogant, and in a less charming way, than Jordan.

He was fine there
by Ajax  (2020-05-05 22:02:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he had met Jordan before in a GQ photo shoot. He seemed a bit star struck, but he was trying to be real/humble without forcing jokes.

I enjoyed "Hi Phil" and his comment as he left the locker room.

Still remember all his stand up on the Tonight Show- could never imagine his career blowing up the way it did.

Mullin was the third leading scorer on that team and 'Nique
by Giggity_Giggity  (2020-05-05 14:28:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was coming off a ruptured Achilles.

3rd leading scorer in the NBA that year
by DBCooper  (2020-05-05 16:20:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he probably was the last guy picked on the team. Pretty amazing. I assume he took Isiah’s spot

Drexler was actually the last guy picked. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2020-05-05 16:24:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They picked a third SF before a second SG?
by tdiddy07  (2020-05-05 16:36:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was that because the my weren’t counting on Larry but were saving him a spot?

Daly liked Mullin as a guy who can play SG or SF
by DBCooper  (2020-05-05 16:58:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Im sure Bird being hurt had something with it. GG is right, Mullin was picked with the first 10 guys and Drexler was the last pro guy picked 8 months later. 8 of those first 10 guys (not Stockton or Bird) started the All Star game that year. Isiah and Drexler were the other 2 starters

Mullin was, at the time, the perfect player for Euroball.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2020-05-05 22:41:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tall, great shooter, good enough defender. He tied for the lead in team rebounding!