Smart choice - Next Head Coach
by Domercomelately (2023-03-03 10:31:47)

If we could somehow pry Shaka Smart away from Marquette, I think he will be a perfect fit at ND. I am not aware what his buyout is, and it is likely cost prohibitive, but putting that aside I think he is a great choice.

I’d dust off Muffett. *
by Circuslunch  (2023-03-05 14:19:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why in the world would he consider ND? *
by JBrock18  (2023-03-04 21:26:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shaka is not leaving Marquette
by mocopdx (click here to email the poster)  (2023-03-04 17:24:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is very happy there. If you need to verify my source, feel free to email me, but I promise that he is not going anywhere.

Spare the board with your bona fides..
by ndamage  (2023-03-05 17:22:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of the players showing stats in the current box scores will return next year. It doesn't take "I know what you don't, since I have a connection" to figure out that Smart won't leave. His team is loaded from top to bottom next year.

I’m not saying that
by mocopdx  (2023-03-05 18:02:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m saying he wouldn’t want to leave even if the whole team were graduating. What is keeping him there goes well beyond “he has a great situation next year with his roster”.

Is this a James Bond reference?
by TommyZ  (2023-03-05 21:27:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We all know PG is undefeated.

Definitely Bond material
by ndamage  (2023-03-05 22:14:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you email Moco, then he will provide you with an 8-digit passcode. Once the passcode is furnished, then he will provide you with a 1-800 number to get the scoop.

ha! That is great! *
by TommyZ  (2023-03-05 22:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Smart choice would be to emulate Marquette's hire,
by buckroe  (2023-03-04 17:08:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i.e. an experienced coach with proven success at a high level who has an affinity for the school or region and is not out the door when his alma mater or other obvious alternative comes calling. Unfortunately, I do not believe that our AD is up to the task of hiring a quality coach who does not fall into his lap.

So Porter Moser?
by rumrunner  (2023-03-04 23:46:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is quite obviously the 2023 version of Shaka Smart. Figure out a way to get him, Jack, if you are actually as savvy as you portray yourself to be.

We should get coach K or Bob Knight.
by 84david  (2023-03-03 20:53:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I heard they were good.

Bob Knight disciple - Gregg Marshall *
by Erskine68  (2023-03-03 21:11:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The shock 3G’s wife, Lynn, would bring to the collars
by Hometown fan  (2023-03-03 22:37:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would be quite entertaining. The difference between her and Mrs Holtz are galaxies apart. I mean this lady enters the arena screaming cuss words. I have witnessed her cuss out a Bradley fan so bad the players on the bench were turning around to try to calm her down.

Creighton MBB Coach
by jamnd74  (2023-03-03 19:48:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any thoughts?

If only we could resurrect John Wooden. He’s from the Bend. *
by The Beef  (2023-03-03 14:41:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rick Majerus and Al McGuire are available.
by nitschke  (2023-03-04 15:40:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh wait…Majerus isn’t up to snuff. But I do have an extra shovel.

👍😎✔️ *
by Homeboy73  (2023-03-04 20:06:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd prefer Tom Izzo
by AquinasDomer  (2023-03-03 13:50:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Marquette is a bball school and Milwaukee is a better city than South Bend. They also took a shot on him after Texas. Why would he leave them for the rebuild here?

And he has no history of jumping around. He has been
by Raoul  (2023-03-03 15:18:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

six years as HC in both prior stops. And he's from Madison. I see little reason (other than a ton a money) why he'd come to ND, and money has not historically motivated him. Plus we are not ones to toss around huge sums.

Frankly, he would have been a great fit two years ago but timing is just off. He's seen that the grass is not always greener from his time at Texas - he more or less left knowing both sides weren't a great fit.

I think Moser is a great fit for ND for the same reasons Smart was a great choice for Marquette. But he'd have to initiate and we'd have to hope they are happy for him to leave (which like with Smart they may be).

P.S. Marquette this week highest rated since 1978 (and they should not have been this good). He's had a nice run

And the Big East is a better basketball conference *
by manofdillon  (2023-03-03 14:04:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Awesome Responses
by domercomelately  (2023-03-06 12:31:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is great! I suggest Shaka Smart and it gets compared to every retired HOF coach that ever walked the sidelines. Why not Phogg Allen or James Naismith? LOL

I said I wish there was some way. I disagree that the Marquette job is a better overall job. It may be right now, and I know the ACC is down this year, but I still think it is a better job and better conference than the Big East. I agree with all of the points and it isn't realistic current possibility, but the guy is 2 hours away and I look at ND as a destination job moreso than Marquette (see Buzz Williams).