Monty Williams fired by the Suns. *
by irishhawk49 (2023-05-13 21:35:28)

This user did not provide content for this post

Should be our AD *
by ND740305  (2023-05-14 18:08:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this *
by pjnuge  (2023-05-15 07:45:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pistons would love him grooming their young talent
by Raoul  (2023-05-14 11:28:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He will not be unemployed long unless he so chooses.

He just needs to select the best situation for himself and he will have a very good run.

Bring him to Boston! *
by PrivateJoker  (2023-05-14 10:21:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He may be the next coach of the 76ers. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-05-15 00:12:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bucks, Pistons, Raptors reportedly have interview interest. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-05-15 11:09:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has familiarity with Philly
by Ty Webb  (2023-05-15 12:12:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he's worked with Embiid.

But maybe filling Doc's seat won't appeal to him given they seem to be fairly close.

Ring of Honor time
by El Kabong  (2023-05-14 09:33:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know the likelihood of him being unemployed next season in the NBA is right up there with me winning the lottery, but in the unlikely event he's available, ND should pull out all the stops.

Are you advocating that we fire Shrewsberry or bring him
by dulac89  (2023-05-14 16:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in as a temporary assistant?

No. He means inducting Monty into the Ring of Honor
by Kayo  (2023-05-14 17:10:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's hard to induct the guys who are working in the NBA because his team's schedule and ND's schedule seldom align to allow it.

If Williams isn't coaching next season, he'll be available; and while that is possible even if not likely, it's highly improbable that he won't be coaching two seasons in a row.

Oh, makes sense. I didn't get what unemployed had to do
by dulac89  (2023-05-14 18:17:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with being inducted into the ROH

What Kayo said
by El Kabong  (2023-05-15 10:30:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If his schedule has flexibility this fall, it's a no-brainer.

Wonder if the men's ROH may be put on hold
by SB Jimbo  (2023-05-15 11:33:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn't Brey the lead dog in the selection and timing? If so, I wonder if he'll still be involved? And if he isn't, I could see a pause for a year or so.

Both head coaches from the 2021 finals have now been fired. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-05-14 00:32:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And 5 of 7 coaches from the last 4 Finals, incl. 3 winners. *
by shawno3  (2023-05-14 12:00:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's nuts *
by Nihilist in Golf Pants  (2023-05-13 23:14:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not surprising if you follow the Suns.
by TripleDomer  (2023-05-14 17:35:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My boys and I watch a lot of NBA games and listen and read a lot of NBA discussion, particularly the Nuggets. A couple of my son's teammates are originally from Phoenix, so I've heard about the Suns just about as much. Certainly a new owner (with a not wholly unreasonable belief that he knows something about basketball) wanting his mark is part of the situation. Equal, if not greater, factors though are Monty's inability (or apparent unwillingness) to develop a recent number 1 pick (Ayton), failure to design or get buyin to an offense that maximizes Durant's abilities, and failure to make in game adjustments (such as watching the Nuggets go on a first half run on game 6 without calling a timeout or adjusting matchups). Finally, ending two seasons in a row with home playoff losses in which the team was down by 30 at half is unforgivable.

All that said, Monty will likely end up at a team lacking the stars (and matching expectations) of the Suns and win another COY award

I imagine he’ll have no issue finding another job.
by mocopdx  (2023-05-13 21:57:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

3 of the last 4 title winning coaches were fired. Now a guy who won COY twice in his four year tenure. The NBA has the shortest coach leashes in sports.

And somehow Doc Rivers may lose his 10th game 7 today.
by dfw  (2023-05-14 16:04:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And still have a job?

He is admired for off-the-court actions. He might get fired
by TripleDomer  (2023-05-14 17:59:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after today's outcome.