Junior
by Kayo (2024-03-24 12:43:15)

It's pet peeve day for me.

I posted about stupid press conference questions on the women's basketball board. This peeve applies to men's basketball, some players' insistence on using "Junior" on their jerseys and media going along with it by constantly saying "Smith Junior" instead of just "Smith."

First question: Are we so worried that someone won't know whether the guy on the college basketball court is the father or the son that we must maje the distinction time after time?

Second question: John Smith, Jr. isn't Smith, Jr. He is John, Jr. Why do so few people understand this?

My current favorite abuse of the concept is NC State's DJ Burns, Jr. His name is Dwight Keith Burns Jr. Like many families do with juniors, they call him "DJ" as a shortened version of Dwight, Jr. Therefore, calling him DJ Burns, Jr. is a way of calling him "Dwight Junior, Jr."

Okay. Back to the games.

As a Jr…….
by Dillon  (2024-03-24 18:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with this message.

You must be a big fan of Nelly Junior Joseph of New Mexico. *
by Carlos Huerta  (2024-03-24 14:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't wait for his offspring. *
by Kayo  (2024-03-24 17:37:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wait till he has a kid *
by wiNDycityfan  (2024-03-24 14:04:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

DIII? D3? DJJ? DJs?
by Radi-skull  (2024-03-24 14:32:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dwight Junior Junior or Dwight Junior Squared

If the nickname for III is Trey or Tripp, what is it for IV? *
by Homeboy73  (2024-03-24 15:45:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Quad? *
by Radi-skull  (2024-03-24 16:46:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m wrestling with this for a grandson. Quatro? Quad? Just
by Homeboy73  (2024-03-24 21:05:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not sure. Ford? We’ve not been able to come up with a decent nickname.

Fore *
by DawsonMayes871  (2024-03-25 13:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

TetroLad *
by Jess  (2024-03-24 20:00:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post