In my neighborhood...
by Porpoiseboy (2024-04-22 17:47:12)

there is a sign that says, "Please clean up after your dog."

One of my neighbors smeared dogshit all over it.

That must be a big sign to fit our entire offense *
by trout  (2024-04-23 14:49:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still laughing at this. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2024-04-24 10:01:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Incidentally, are you sure
by gozer  (2024-04-23 14:00:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it was dog shit?

Could've been the owner's. Sign didn't say anything about picking THAT up...

It’s important to post pictures on Next Door.
by Kali4niaND  (2024-04-23 12:04:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently.

Reserved for lost cats and dogs
by SixShutouts66  (2024-04-23 14:05:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AKA recent coyote meals

In my neighborhood , there’s an unknown walker
by LAW83  (2024-04-23 10:45:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who bags their dog’s shit; but leaves the colored bag in your lawn ,
Unreal

Maybe he walks a route
by PWK2  (2024-04-23 15:27:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and picks it up when he passes again ... so he doesn't have to carry it the whole time.

We did this when we lived next to a park.
by Wooderson  (2024-04-23 21:12:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dog would poop and we'd bag it, leave it by the entrance, then grab it on the way home.

Unspoken rule, few folks violated it. Lots of dogs off leash against regs, though.

Does he wear a blue jogger outfit? Was he ever caught? *
by Queensman  (2024-04-23 14:35:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you asking for a friend? *
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-23 14:45:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you punch me in the stomach, I'll tell you. *
by Queensman  (2024-04-23 14:50:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And nobody returns it to him?
by ram  (2024-04-23 13:27:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’d never get away with that in my neighborhood

A phantom bagger? *
by MobileIrish  (2024-04-23 11:41:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... could be a Curb Your Enthusiasm plot. *
by Moose84  (2024-04-23 17:53:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I used to find some of those. Baffling, especially given
by gozer  (2024-04-23 11:04:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That it was a rural mountain road with the houses spread out about 1 every 1/4-1/2 mile. If you don't want to pick it up, fine, just kick it to the side and the flies will eat it in a few days, but don't bag it, that just means someone has to deal with the damn bag.

Used to have neighbors that would ride their horses and leave their leavings in the road too... always thought that was a bit rude. But after afew days it'd get run over by enoigh carsto more or less disappear.

I figure that people intend to walk back and collect.
by squid  (2024-04-23 11:29:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dog shits at the beginning of a walk. Person bags it, then figures they don’t want to carry it for a mile so they will just stash it over here and pick it up on the way home. Life happens and they forget. That’s my charitable explanation.

I have a less kind explanation
by Otter  (2024-04-23 13:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I live in a suburb with about 300 homes on 6-7 streets. People bring bags because they know people will see their dog crapping and be on alert to see if they bag it. I know I will take notice to see if that happens. So they bag it and move along, but when they are in an a more private area when nobody is looking they drop it and keep moving.

I think a lesson in tying a slip knot would help these jerks
by bizdomer09  (2024-04-23 14:34:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm racking my brain trying to understand what would motivate one to drop the bag and leave it. Here's where I've landed: Carrying a tied bag holding it from the top is annoying. Your hand is encumbered, and although the bag is not heavy, grasping it continuously for a long time is a nuisance. Holding it from the bottom is just yuck. So the assholes among us drop it when they figure they can get away with it.

With a simple slip knot I make a ring with the clean part of the bag that I then slide my pinky through and then tighten. Solves the problems above. My hand is mostly free to do whatever I'd like with no trouble. I have zero issue holding the bag throughout long 30-45 minute walks, after the dog poops 3-5 minutes in.

This is infinitely more detail than I ever thought I would write on how to carry a dogpoop bag. Now back to my day.

That's probably not the worry in my case *
by gozer  (2024-04-23 13:59:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A couple of blocks from me, a house has that very sign
by 84david  (2024-04-23 10:17:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on their lawn.

Along with knee- high weeds and car parts strewn about.

In my old neighborhood
by gozer  (2024-04-23 09:54:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was this sign (was off Sugarloaf)

Was in Pinedale, WY on some open land.
by Wooderson  (2024-04-23 21:15:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shotgun blasts galore on the sign that showed a map of the trails.

The steppe is wild.

In my neighborhood...
by elcortez01  (2024-04-23 08:17:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have a sports complex (3 baseball fields, lacrosse & soccer fields). It is on donated land that is managed by a recreation commissioner. I am on the board and am one of the commissioners of said field. The fields are intended to only be used for youth sports, but it is seen as a community resource and generally everybody plays nice. We have a big sign at the entrance listing field rules, one of which is no dogs allowed. Right next to the sign we have a dog poop bag dispenser, which we maintain and supply.

Need more dawgs. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2024-04-22 23:04:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those are vicious animals
by jt  (2024-04-23 10:27:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ok?

I'm sure it was an unleashed dog.
by Frito  (2024-04-22 22:33:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unleashed dogs are ok to poop anywhere they want because their owners never see where they do their business. City leash and poop ordinances don't apply to these special dogs.

In Russia, dog clean you! *
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-22 22:23:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clearly a sign of things to come...
by Boomer80  (2024-04-22 22:14:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after all, it is an election year...

Maybe guy is illiterate and thought sign read “Michigan #1”
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-22 20:13:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You might want to give him the benefit of the doubt until more facts are uncovered. You may also want to hedge your bets, regardless of the outcome, by demanding make up sex from his wife, her bridge club partners and her cleaning lady.

This is how I was leaning *
by drmurray  (2024-04-23 06:23:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was a time not long ago when my first inclination...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2024-04-22 19:56:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would've been to assume something like this was a kid's prank.

Sadly, these days, that is no longer an assumption I'm willing to make. Too many adults have left the room.

People who don’t cleaned up after their dogs are sorry SOB’s
by FtWorthfan  (2024-04-22 18:45:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whoever smeared “it” is a fucking asshole. I have two large dogs and walk them every day and always clean up their mess. Have even gone back in my car to clean up when I’ve come up a bag short.

I prefer picking it up fresh off the street
by ram  (2024-04-23 13:31:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To finding backyard bombs prior to mowing

Hey, it's not on the ground to be stepped in... *
by gozer  (2024-04-23 10:01:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We agree.
by Porpoiseboy  (2024-04-22 18:47:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My three dogs are nodding, too.

nodding as they are singing...
by bizdomer09  (2024-04-22 21:24:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jeremiah was a bullfrog!