Harbaugh comment no one challenged last night was funny
by sprack (2024-04-26 11:15:54)
Edited on 2024-04-26 11:21:47

In reply to: I love the NFL draft...embarrassed to admit it  posted by irishrock

Someone on the ABC panel (Davis or Herbstreit) said that Jim Harbaugh said JJ McCarthy will be the best pro quarterback ever to come out of Michigan.

And no one said, “um, what?”

So Harbaugh thinks JJ McCarthy will be the best quarterback ever to play pro football. OK, then! Why didn’t he draft him?

Johnny "Wangs" is the obvious choice
by CliffClaven  (2024-04-27 08:35:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Bo were still alive.
Cliffy

will JJ have the benefit of knowing the opposing team's play
by jt  (2024-04-26 17:20:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

call ahead of time as well?

Because the best qb to ever play the game who didn't know the defense ahead of time is named Joseph Clifford Montana and he went to the University of Notre Dame, not the University of Michigan. And he most certainly did not attend Serra (which is a girl's name) High School.

Both Montana & Brady knew a guy w/ a decided schematic...
by Scoop80  (2024-04-26 21:44:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

advantage. That's another thing that they have in common besides the rings.

yeah, and I'm sure that fat ass
by jt  (2024-05-07 14:07:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was all in on knowing the play call ahead of time as well.

Hear, hear! *
by Slotts  (2024-04-26 18:28:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Desmond had JJ as “player most ready for the NFL” and
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-26 15:25:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“Rookie of the year”.

It’s not Gameday Des, you can be honest for once.

Demond Howard is still on television?
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-28 17:12:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ESPN really doesn’t have standards do they?

Need to set a lower bar for a true Michigan Man
by SixShutouts66  (2024-04-26 15:43:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His purpose in sports journalism is to create white noise to make the other talking heads appear to be smart.

His stock in trade is to giggle and laugh a lot.
by arasera  (2024-04-28 17:02:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He doesn’t add much more than that.

He’s funny like a clown.

He doesn’t amuse me.

If I remember the quote right, that's not what Harbaugh said
by hollownd  (2024-04-26 11:33:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After the national championship he said specifically that he thought McCarthy was the best QB in college that Michigan has ever had.

Makes sense *
by sprack  (2024-04-26 12:38:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Honestly, have to give the nod to Henson. *
by Wooderson  (2024-04-26 12:04:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn’t. I’d go with McCarthy
by sprack  (2024-04-26 12:48:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Henson’s first two years he was sharing time with Brady, was often not the starter, and his final year, yes he had a great year but only played 8 games due to an injury at the beginning of the season.

McCarthy last season played 15 games, had a higher completion percentage by 12 percentage points, and the same very low number of interceptions (4) but in 7 more games.

Harrison “Boss” Weeks *
by ram  (2024-04-26 19:20:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Grbac deserves a look
by SixShutouts66  (2024-04-26 18:50:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But their recent list rivals ours Denard Robinson, Tate Forcier, Devin Gardner. I didn't realize Pete Elliot and Forest Evesheski were on thier list