IF ACC implodes, could B10 offer ND an ACC like deal & why
by Domerduck (2024-03-21 13:08:43)

wouldn't their TV folks want that? Here's the quick take: Big 10 goes after Miami and UNC and cements its National football footprint while SEC takes Clemson & FSU in their Southern footprint so ACC is done. ESPN has SECN & ACCN so wants to keep as much ND as it can so doesn't care if ND stays in the ACC deal or joins the SEC to get to 19 schools which the SEC has said they'd want ND. Fox & CBS have no ND except B10 home games and NBC/Peacock have B10 and ND home games. Why not those three networks help B10 keep ND football independence with a 5 game B10 deal and get best of both worlds? ND gets B10 for all its other sports instead of ACC and has some similar FB bowl tieins with the B10 for everything but the CFP which ND keeps a similar current deal, but maybe leverage more CFP money for ND.

One downside is B10 would have 21 team Bball conference along with a 20 team football conference. Still I would suggest the Big10 just let the 4 west coast schools go back to the PAC in all sports but football to reduce travel and join OSU/WSU along with Stanford & Cal (who would want out of the ACC with no ND/Miami/UNC/FSU/Clemson) to bring the conference of champions back together in 2026 as well as create some sanity for college athletics. Then the Big 10 would have 17 schools at most for their other sports.

For other sports I'd rather be in a more competitive B10 vs a watered down ACC. Thoughts or am I a crazy west coast old ND Alum who still wants to keep our football independence?

Replies: