I study nuclear science.
by Porpoiseboy (2024-04-19 09:11:08)

I love my classes.
I got a crazy teacher.
He wears dark glasses.

The biggest myth about nuclear power...
by CndDomer  (2024-04-19 12:27:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The biggest myth about nuclear power is that it glows green. It actually glows blue.

and only when irradiated fuel is under water.
by 84david  (2024-04-20 10:55:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s called the Cherenkov effect.

Saw them perform in 85 or 86 at the Stepan center... * *
by enduff  (2024-04-19 11:29:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An Tostal 1987 *
by Father Nieuwland  (2024-04-19 12:39:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tortured poet. *
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-19 11:27:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m at the football game.
by Cartwright  (2024-04-19 11:16:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m at the grocery store.
I’m at the combination
Football game and grocery store.

Are you watching Fallout?
by Wooderson  (2024-04-19 10:17:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm a casual fan of the games (too much time to complete, too many kids to get any screentime, played 10-15 hrs worth when single).

You stick Walton Goggins into anything and I'll watch it. They nailed the aesthetic perfectly. Enough nods to the people in the know, while build a world to people who aren't familiar.

First ep gives vibes of early HBO Westworld (also directed by Jonathan Nolan) but I think they have a bit more backstory to mine to progress forward (game series is 25yo).

I am loving it so far.

They perfectly capture the atmosphere of the world
by wcnitz  (2024-04-19 10:53:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And lots of easter eggs for fanboys like me. I go back to New Vegas.

Ella Purnell is absolutely delightful.

Not yet but I will.
by Porpoiseboy  (2024-04-19 10:36:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I turned it on the other night and realized I would fall asleep 3 minutes in I was so tired. So I turned it off. True story.

Same. Took 3 tries to get past the opening
by Wooderson  (2024-04-19 11:30:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On account of screaming children.

When one twin likes biting the other twin, things get rough.

When bitey starts biting her much larger old brother, things get worse.

When it happens in one room at the same time while our 12yo shih tzu is shitting on the carpet, yeah, I get one hour every Thursday night to watch a show I want because when the clock hits 10 I have to go see who's screaming.

14 years till college...

okey dokey *
by El capitan  (2024-04-19 11:16:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's a beaut.
by Wooderson  (2024-04-19 11:26:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Loved Kyle Maclachlan getting his Paul Atreides on. Old man still has it.

Nuke-u-lar. It's pronounced Nuke-u-lar *
by closesttodome  (2024-04-19 10:03:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... brought to you by George Dubya B.
by Jess  (2024-04-19 20:40:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

W/ Nolan RAHN fer Secretary o' State.

She blinded me with science *
by irishnyer  (2024-04-19 10:01:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this song, like "Every Breath You Take" by that blues band
by jt  (2024-04-19 09:59:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is perhaps one of the most misunderstood and misused songs ever; it's a song about nuclear war and yet people used it to celebrate graduations, etc. just like they used Every Breath You Take (a song about a stalker) as the first song at weddings, etc.

I can't remember though, did Hobbs say that the Police were a jazz band or was it something else. I find it funny even though I can't remember which it was. What a goofy prick that guy is.

Edit: I remember now, it was blues band. Because when I think of blues music, I immediately picture Sting and Stu.

Don't forget "Born in the USA" *
by Profkid93  (2024-04-19 10:15:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even fooled Ronald Reagan, which isn't easy to do
by jt  (2024-04-19 11:07:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In fact, it's impossible to do now.

I would add "Fortunate Son" but I'm not sure people misunderstand that as much as they just misuse it. Like 10,000 forks when all you need is a knife.

I was at a wedding where “One” by U2 was the first song
by HENNAORNO  (2024-04-19 12:07:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clearly the only lyric they heard was “We’re one but not the same.”

Sounds like you both have a bright future *
by enginerd194  (2024-04-19 09:56:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post