I'm oversimplifying..
by wcnitz (2018-12-11 16:03:10)
Edited on 2018-12-11 16:03:54

In reply to: I do get that, which why I said that not all calories are  posted by grnd

But how your body reacts to, say, 100 calories of intake can vary wildly based on what those 100 calories came from. Without sugar, there is no insulin and therefore no storage. If you're not active, you will 'store' that energy. Digesting and processing proteins and fats doesn't require insulin.

If I'm keeping my carb intake down, I don't even need to bother monitoring my calories. I'll lose weight if I just stick to low intensity workouts.

I say this as someone who once weighed 70 pounds more than they weigh right now.

You lost weight because you ate fewer calories.
by starburns  (2018-12-12 02:57:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whether you were monitoring them or not.

Looks like this is already linked in the box, but worth relinking: http://physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/

Except I didn't
by wcnitz  (2018-12-12 08:26:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My fat consumption increased substantially when I lost weight. Substantially.

When I had my initial weight loss, I wasn't working out. Zero activity level increase. And my calorie intake increased slightly after changing my diet.

There is a reason why the ketogenic diet works.

That doesn't mean you ate more calories.
by starburns  (2018-12-13 04:29:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The reason the ketogenic diet works is that fat makes you feel satiated so it's easier to eat fewer calories.

You don't need to work out to create a caloric deficit.

If you were fastidiously tracking every calorie and have the hard numbers to prove you were eating more calories than your body was burning through metabolic activity and still lost weight, you should alert the NIH because you're a medical miracle.

The ketogenic diet still requires you to track calories and eat at a caloric deficit.