Maytag ice maker and freezer not working.......
by Ty Webb (2019-01-12 09:53:43)
Edited on 2019-01-12 09:54:53

I woke up this morning to a puddle of water on kitchen floor by the fridge.

I first discovered that it was the ice dripping from the ice maker. Then I found that items in freezer were not frozen anymore. It’s a french door fridge with the ice maker at top of fridge but the freezer is a sliding drawer at the bottom.

An oddity is the temperature gauge on outside still shows the freezer at 0 degrees.

Any suggestions other than a new fridge?

Is that the actual freezer temp or what the temperature is
by airedaleman  (2019-01-13 11:28:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

set at? If temperature setting, the probably is a disconnect between the freezer setting and the system to establish the temperature in the freezer. Look at the freezer temperature sensor for the problem.

Is the zero degrees displayed the actual temperature
by airedaleman  (2019-01-13 11:25:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or what temperature the freezer is set for? If the setting, then there is probably a disconnect between the setting and the system to establish the actual freezer temp. Look at the freezer temperature sensor.

Kick her in the butt and tell her to get going
by pmcdnd96  (2019-01-12 16:06:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, that's the dishwasher.

(Ducking)

When that happens with our GE, although that shows
by Dadknuknutesson  (2019-01-12 14:21:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a warmer temperature, we turn off the fridge, let it thoroughly dethaw, and plug it back in a few days later. Hopefully being winter you can keep perishables in the garage or outsideuntil then.

Take it to the Appliance Board! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-12 11:59:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Google it. I guarantee there’s a YouTube video...
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-01-12 11:45:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...showing how to run diagnostic codes or providing the top answers and solutions.

And make sure the door was closed.

The Maytag repairman is tanned, rested and ready *
by sprack  (2019-01-12 11:39:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it possible the door wasn’t shut all the way last night? *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-01-12 11:29:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How old is it? If old, just replace if not an ice jam. *
by squid  (2019-01-12 10:52:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s what you get for not buying a Subzero.
by vitadulcedospes  (2019-01-12 10:30:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Immediately replace your prole Maytag appliance with the most expensive model known to man.

Just kidding. The disconnect between the actual and displayed temperature suggests a failure is that thermometer/sensor. I’d call a repair guy. Hopefully it won’t cost more than $200.