Could Brooksie be the next "Next Nicklaus"?
by ProV1x (2019-05-19 19:04:17)

In reply to: Brooksie-boy...  posted by The Holtz Room

Or is that still Eldrick? Remember when young Tom Watson had that title?

How old was Watson when he won his last major?
by irishrock  (2019-05-19 22:54:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Answer is 33

He won four before 30 and four after

But he was so close to winning US Open in ‘83, Masters in ‘84, British in ‘84. US Open in ‘87, Masters in ‘91, and obviously British Open in ‘09. He was KC’a third sports franchise and is beloved here. Of all the majors I wish he would have won the obvious one is ‘09 Open...but the one I really would have liked to see him win would have been the ‘83 US Open as he would have been a repeat winner of both US Open and British Open which would have been a helluva feat. Certainly, I would have loved for him to have won a PGA to get the career slam as he seemed like such a good golfer and should have accomplished it

Winning majors in one’s 40’s ain’t easy.

I was heartbroken over his his 2009 playoff loss
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-05-19 23:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at the British Open at the age of 59.

Not a Watson fan after his dick move with letter to Augusta
by NDoggie78  (2019-05-20 08:44:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

getting McCord banned from telecast.

McCord should be banned from every broadcast *
by veets  (2019-05-20 10:15:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like him and Feherty
by Brandon  (2019-05-20 10:24:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Golf's already way too stiff as it is, I like a little irreverence and humor, but that's just me.

I love Feherty. He knows when to stop talking, unlike McCord *
by veets  (2019-05-20 11:21:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He doesn’t need to be that i to be good for the game
by domerfromkansas  (2019-05-19 22:09:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More people will follow golf if there’s some version of a Big Three, even if we don’t have someone with tiger’s appeal years ago. Koepka is an attractive representative for the men’s tour.

Koepka showed us a lot yesterday. On the verge of crumbling
by ProV1x  (2019-05-20 09:42:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and held the course. He did have huge help from DJ however, which was nice. For him.

4 is a big step. Air gets really thin above that level. *
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 20:44:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jordan Spieth? Rory Mcilroy? Padraig Harrington?
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-05-19 19:22:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I expect you’ve seen a few Majors hot streaks over the years which cooled off.

EDIT - though as a casual golf watcher, I much prefer those hot streaks to final rounds featuring one-shot wonders like Shaun Micheel and Trevor Immelmann.

I was at the 2003 PGA Championship when Micheel won
by garbageplate  (2019-05-19 20:04:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a snoozefest. We left after 9 holes and watched the back nine at home.