Nope, you're spot on. Why do they even need a wall?!
by NDbias (2019-05-19 22:24:00)

In reply to: Out of curiosity  posted by osbournecox

this show has become infuriating. I feel like one of those dorks the Simpsons writers are always making fun of.

Even before this, the wall served no purpose
by HScorpio  (2019-05-19 22:38:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean, it was supposed to keep out the Night King and was the only hope of all mankind. Then he broke through it in about a day, and died anyway right after.

There's really no point in rebuilding it, even if a future Night King style villain is out there.

Question about the end and the wall / Watch
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:27:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon was sentenced to the watch. Basically a "don't get married and have kids" sentence. But it ends with him heading north. I assume he was blowing off the watch and going to live the rest of his life in the north. So he is not doing what he was sentenced to do.

He's new Mance Rayder. *
by doug dascenzo  (2019-05-20 08:19:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And leader of the only truly free folk *
by Raoul  (2019-05-20 08:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Upon reflection, this ending for Jon works...
by doug dascenzo  (2019-05-20 09:02:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should lead. He doesn't want to lead everyone. But now he's going to lead people who need leading, who want him to lead, in a world he understands and appreciates.

It feels stilted and weird how we got here, but I can divine some sense from it.

He might just be a “ranger” but what’s the point? *
by frosh  (2019-05-19 22:43:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah that was pretty clear
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:34:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That look back at the gate sealed it. He’s just gonna hang with his people.

He's still got a fever for the redheads. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-05-19 22:42:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alright by me. *
by Wooderson  (2019-05-19 22:44:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amen *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-05-19 22:45:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That makes sense
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:41:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon in the north, Jon and Ygritte, was such a big part of the story. The remnants of the first men are the wildings, right? The Targaryen family was an interloper and he is going back to man's roots in Westeros.

I still think he was Azor Ahai by killing Dany - for the good of the realm. It was a great sacrifice because it was his love and sister.

And don’t forget
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:42:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The wildlings basically think of Jon as a god.

Good point
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:45:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was happiest among them. And with the Night King and White Walkers gone, and wights gone, (and Craster gone) north is objectively a better place.

Exactly (link)
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:46:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“I’m guessing....I guess no one’s coming.” -Blinken *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-05-19 22:25:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post