Jeopardy James.....toast
by irishguard78 (2019-06-04 09:54:11)

AMF

Maybe Trebek hired Jeff Gillooly to walk past him with a tire iron before shooting the episode and mention that Ken Jennings IS and WILL BE the all time money winner.

If the show in which he lost was actually filmed
by McLean_ND  (2019-06-04 12:14:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

several months ago I'm surprised the fact that he lost wasn't leaked earlier. How do you keep all of the audience and the various people involved with the show from leaking it?

Maybe it was revealed on the "dark web" *
by sprack  (2019-06-04 12:58:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This may have been an intentional leak.
by tdiddy07  (2019-06-04 12:57:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know what ratings were like, but I can imagine a runaway winner might reduce ratings after a few weeks. Whereas people would tune it if there was a rumor the long-time champ was going down.

It airs in the AM in Alabama, so people knew already *
by veets  (2019-06-04 14:24:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The news broke on Sunday
by Cartwright  (2019-06-04 14:55:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Monday morning was just when it was confirmed.

Agree. Rating last night probably very high. Press coverage
by ndwifemom  (2019-06-04 13:55:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

extensive, too. Two stories in today’s Times, for example.

Reported that overnights nearly matched Game 2 NBA Finals
by gordonbombay  (2019-06-04 16:32:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A 10.1 rating for J! as opposed to 10.2 for the Finals.

Not the same night, granted, but still, pretty wild number for a syndicated game show.

I can only imagine that Jeopardy fans
by Allumeuse  (2019-06-04 12:23:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Take spoilers very seriously, I guess.

As a daily viewer, it diminished my experience *
by shea  (2019-06-05 12:03:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sorry. We needed this in the form of a question. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-06-04 12:43:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jennings tweeted about it, Holzhauer responded (link)
by 206er  (2019-06-04 10:28:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn’t understand why he bet so little on Final J.
by ndwifemom  (2019-06-04 10:10:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess he never thought she would bet so much. Interesting story on her prep and strategy in today’s Times. She’s a Princeton grad.

He knew she would bet enough to win by $1 if James doubled
by Dan93  (2019-06-04 10:26:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his score. That's what everyone does when they have the lead going into Final Jeopardy. His only chance was if she got the final wrong. His bet was small to protect against finishing third. This link explains it.

She might be on the show for a while too...she's crazy good
by 206er  (2019-06-04 10:35:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always thought librarian was the ultimate job for a Jeopardy contestant. Plus, she's still in her 20s, so her brain works well.

They were all good. Only one wrong answer in both rounds.
by beancounter  (2019-06-04 10:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All about the buzzer.

It was the perfect storm for him to lose
by DrBravo2  (2019-06-04 12:23:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He got the Daily Double in the Jeopardy round on the first question and could only get $1000.

The eventually winner picked both Daily Doubles in Double Jeopardy, doubling her score once.

Slight nit
by OrangeJubilee  (2019-06-04 10:35:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his bet was to win as much as possible if she got it wrong, without giving a chance to the third place guy to win.

It was the perfect strategy based on game theory.

This is the answer
by irishguard78  (2019-06-04 12:12:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

unless of course Gillooly threatened to bust him up if he won.

He made the only bet he could. Had to hope she got it wrong
by TAR  (2019-06-04 10:24:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He knew she would bet enough to double him if correct.