Who's heading to Carmel this week?
by mitquinn (2019-06-10 21:42:52)

Conditions are pristine... played 18 at a nearby course over the weekend.

Its been a stretch of two hot days, but cloud cover is returning to cool things down by the weekend.

Got a few pics and video from a friend working the course.... he's saying Pebble hasn't let their rough grow this deep before. Driving accuracy will be key.

Let me know if you're headed out. Depending on your sartorial selections, I'll risk being seen in public with you and place a beverage in your hand.

Taking my dad for his 40th Father's Day
by Zbirdman  (2019-06-11 19:38:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gonna play Pasatiempo on Fri, tickets for Sat-Sun. 7:30 Shotgun at SpyGlass Sunday morning.

I've never been there. I am open to any advice!

Me too!
by mitquinn  (2019-06-11 20:26:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bought a friday round for my dad. Hosting clients on saturday.

My only advice for SpyGlass... bring a bag of extra strokes.

I could give some local advice for dining... but really... you should go to Spanish Bay after your round on Sunday. Drinks and food out on the patio and a bagpiper at sunset.

Heres a shot of that area I took during the food and wine in april:

Go for a drink at Mulligan's in Carmel
by Domer05 (click here to email the poster)  (2019-06-12 10:18:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The food is pretty great too. A few players have been known to frequent the place. I just missed one last night.

If you want something quicker, Cafe Carmel has good sandwiches/paninis/calzones. The Little Swiss Café is also a great low-key spot (cash only I believe).

Great pic *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-06-11 20:34:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Been here for a week. Leaving tomorrow before it gets too
by SonofNotreDame  (2019-06-11 17:44:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

crowded

Sources tell me Domer05 was there yesterday
by stanford_07  (2019-06-11 10:53:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure who let him in.

$7 StubHub ticket was too good a deal to pass
by Domer05 (click here to email the poster)  (2019-06-11 13:49:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Combined with living next to the shuttle lot at CSUMB.

The rough is intense. The pros were having a tough time with it.

Happy to meet up for a brew with anyone visiting our great area this week.

Club Pro Guy is a great Twitter follow
by irishrock  (2019-06-10 23:02:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you do the Twitter thing.

I’m ready to get pelted by empties for even suggesting something on social media

Might be the best golf account on twitter *
by Brandon  (2019-06-11 15:06:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So is Three Year Letterman *
by TCIrish03  (2019-06-11 11:34:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He used a pic of my son a few months back, it was awesome *
by ndgenius  (2019-06-11 07:59:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think Twitter is social media
by mitquinn  (2019-06-10 23:49:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

its a great news aggregator and has a lot comic relief.

Its become quite valuable for my career. I would actually pay to follow a few accounts for the insights they bring in real time.

Thanks for the rec.

It's the very definition of social media. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-06-11 23:17:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

agreed, but was wanting to head off a poster
by irishrock  (2019-06-11 10:51:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think twitter is amazing as I get fed what I wanted to be fed...like my own personal ESPN tracker.

Make it a great week. This could be a special US Open and I'm glad the USGA have sharpened the claws when it comes to rough and the greens.

If it weren't for Rex Chapman on Twitter
by wildesilas  (2019-06-11 08:25:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I could not truly understand the depth of stupidity inherent in humans.

Richard Marx (yes that one) is hands down the best follow (link)
by OCND  (2019-06-11 10:11:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

former Rams coach Jeff Fisher is a good one *
by irishrock  (2019-06-11 10:53:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s mighty decent of you mister. Been a long time since
by 93NationalChampions  (2019-06-10 21:53:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anybody bought a drink around here. I went with Rory and Cantlay as my first tier picks. I should probably go with Koepka.