A Sous vide device and instant Pot. The Times Food
by ndwifemom (2019-07-15 17:52:07)

In reply to: What's everyone's Prime Day haul?  posted by Allumeuse

Section last week convinced me to buy the Sous vide thing. The price of the Instant Pot was too good to pass on. ($55).

I caved and got the same
by Allumeuse  (2019-07-15 21:18:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus an air fryer. I still feel like that isn't that bad. Last year I got a Waterpik and Sonicare, so it is almost like I have a theme each year.

already had the air fryer. U will like it. *
by ndwifemom  (2019-07-15 22:36:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CE is already excited *
by Allumeuse  (2019-07-15 22:47:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sous vide is a tool of the devil
by The Holtz Room  (2019-07-15 19:38:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meat cooked in a plastic bag? Why eat plastic particles when the carbon from a grill is so much tastier?

My aversion to sous vide is more a knock on my BIL. He’s quite the renaissance man but my brother and I give him shit (behind his back of course) about that cooking technique.

Carry on. What he’s prepared that I’ve had wasn’t half bad.

$55/oz. That's a great price.
by PWK2  (2019-07-15 19:35:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never heard the term before, but I assume "instant pot" means that removing stems and seeds is not required.

Clever *
by Allumeuse  (2019-07-15 21:13:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Serious Eats
by Trekker  (2019-07-15 18:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lots of good sous vide advice, especially by Kenji López-Alt, on Serious Eats.

Thanks. Kenji’s Very good. *
by ndwifemom  (2019-07-16 07:43:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're my go to. You can make killer BBQ *
by anthro_domer  (2019-07-16 00:28:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Over the past two years those have become
by FaytlND  (2019-07-15 18:48:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

primary food prep devices in our house. Takes a little while to build up a recipe collection, but after that it's great. If you don't already have one, a vacuum sealer is probably next. Sous vide in Ziploc bags works, but the sealer is much easier.

Thanks. *
by ndwifemom  (2019-07-16 11:32:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post