When are you seeing Star Wars? No spoilers
by DakotaDomer (2019-12-20 08:09:56)

I’m curious with the holiday and travel when everyone hopes to see it

We’re traveling tomorrow so I was hoping for Sunday

The story was over when Luke, Lea and Han died.
by Tjmcfly  (2019-12-20 11:55:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My 6 year old is dying to see it. I'll use it as an excuse to eat popcorn and delicious movie theater nachos.

Probably after Christmas
by wcnitz  (2019-12-20 11:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My kids aren't terribly excited about it. 8 heavily soured them.

Never. My time is worth more to me. *
by HoundDog1973  (2019-12-20 11:00:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ditto.
by Irisharab  (2019-12-20 12:40:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have zero interest in watching Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, etc.

Tritto *
by CaptainIrish  (2019-12-20 19:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This. Why waste my time when time is money? Pay to waste it? *
by Hati Hijau  (2019-12-20 11:32:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When it's available on Disney +
by Dan93  (2019-12-20 10:42:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find the Star Wars movies somewhat entertaining, but I'm not a big enough fan to rush out and watch in the theater when it comes out.

When will it be on TBS? *
by Nitschke  (2019-12-20 10:02:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This may be a useful chart for those unfamiliar with SW.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-12-20 09:41:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spoilers...
by Kbyrnes  (2019-12-20 09:37:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1. Rae is not Obi-Wan Kenobi's granddaughter, which I thought might be the case. She is someone's granddaughter, of course, but probably not who you would ever think.

2. The script was leaked some time ago.

3. J.J. Abrams seems intent on repairing what Rian Johnson wrought in episode 8.

Damage?
by ravenium  (2019-12-20 16:23:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can see people not liking the movie but it's more of an opinion difference than damage.

You will die alone. *
by OGerry  (2019-12-20 10:55:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

[ v ]
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-12-20 11:21:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some comments (with (major?) spoilers)
by jclay  (2019-12-20 10:45:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1: That was surprising. However, before the the actual reveal, there were several events that foreshadowed it in the movie (Rey using force lighting, Emperor Palpatine telling Kylo that she is not who he (Kylo) thinks she is). I do wish it Emperor Palpatine would have told Rey instead of Kylo.

2: Managed to avoid seeing the script

3: Abrams did repair most of the damage.

Other Comments:
-Seeing the interaction between Han and Ben was surprising.
-There were several similar scenes to RotJ (Luke with Obi-Wan, now Rey with Luke finding out their true identity).
-Lando's daughter?
-More Ewoks at the end during the celebration scene.
-Final scene: It would have been nice to see all of the Skywalkers instead of just Luke and Leia as force ghosts (similar to the end of RotJ with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda).

My kids' orthodontist has rented out a theater and given
by Barrister  (2019-12-20 09:34:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his patients and families free tickets, so we're going tomorrow.

Heh..."free" tickets. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-12-20 09:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Touche. *
by Barrister  (2019-12-20 09:58:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tomorrow at 12:15. MIL is coming ot town,
by Wooderson  (2019-12-20 09:29:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so perfect time to get out of the house and hit the movies and the bar before training it home.

If you need to hide out in NJ during the visit, LMK *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-12-20 10:12:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the offer, Stamford ought to be far enough.
by Wooderson  (2019-12-20 10:36:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looking forward to hearing her opinion on everything she'd do differently with our furniture arrangements.

Tuesday with the kids. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-12-20 09:20:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I might see it just to be able to post spoilers and ruin
by ACross  (2019-12-20 09:09:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lives.

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's dad !
by crazychester  (2019-12-20 09:11:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've seen the first one. That was enough.

I don't begrudge others their passions. Not for me though.

My 6 year old boy enjoys them
by ACross  (2019-12-20 11:37:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

II hadn't seen any installment since the original in 1977, and remember liking that when I was 11.

I think they are enjoyable, far more so than any superhero move. Except maybe the Incredibles.

Jar Jar Binks is really, really annoying!
by sprack  (2019-12-20 09:53:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’ll save people some time.

Mal winds up with Jane instead of Inara
by graNDfan  (2019-12-20 11:36:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's a twist for you...

Saw it last night at 9:30 PM viewing - spoilerish
by Steelhop  (2019-12-20 09:00:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought it was good movie. The first 2/3rds of the movie were excellent and had none of the pacing issues that were in tLJ. Nor did the movie have a worthless C plotline let's go to Canto Bight soaking up valuable screen time.

The last 1/3rd was good and had very good cinematography though I did have some issues with it. Going into the movie you knew with Abrams there would be final battle scene where one side was so obscenely powerful that there is no way the other side could win. In other words, prior battles included X, Abrams took it to 10X when he probably didn't need to do. But, that is a small issue.

I can also see where some people won't like a lot of the fan service scenes in parts of the movie but I didn't mind them. Further, there is one scene in RoS that does tie into a scene from episode 7 of the Mandalorian but it is more Easter Egg than anything else.

I thought Abrams did a great job incorporating Fisher into the movie. If you didn't know Fisher had died, you wouldn't have realized she was green screened into scenes.

Without getting into the spoiler details, I thought Abrams did a great job cleaning up all of the mess Johnson left after the turd sandwich he did in tLJ.

Christmas Eve 3:00
by vermin05  (2019-12-20 08:48:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My dad and I always see it together, and it’s the first day we aren’t working (my dad does not do late nights, he would fall asleep) as a bonus my brother is in town and will be going. Before buying the tickets I asked and received permission from my mother for disappearing Christmas Eve afternoon.

11am today *
by Vermin96  (2019-12-20 08:38:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saw it last evening (no spoilers)
by shawno3  (2019-12-20 08:36:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With my kids, brother, niece and nephew. I only go to the movie theater for “event” movies and only on opening day, which means no more than 1-2 times per year. To me, the primary benefit of seeing a movie in a public theater is the energy of the crowd and that certainly proved true last night. It helps that one of our local theaters is IMAX, laser 4K, Dolby ATMOS, etc. so it is a “destination theater”. According to a guy at the concession counter, his brother camped out in the parking lot the night before. It was 12 degrees. Mein gott. Apparently that guy didn’t share your consideration of when he could squeeze the movie in amidst holiday obligations.

Don’t most theaters have assigned seats now? *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-12-20 08:42:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously not this one
by shawno3  (2019-12-20 09:04:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it’s a considered judgment on their part. The theater is in a (Warren Buffett-owned) mega-furniture store that also houses a restaurant, ice cream counter, candy shop, interactive entertainment, etc. Having people hanging out in line (or, more specifically, having one person hold a spot in line while everybody else in their party is elsewhere in the store) must generate more revenue than charging a premium for premium assigned seats. Everything about their business model (who else has a ropes course in the lobby of their furniture store?) suggests that they believe strongly in getting bodies in the building and keeping them there as long as possible.

Tomorrow at 10ish
by captaineclectic  (2019-12-20 08:15:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gotta get my Wiiiiitchaa on first.

Tonight at 10pm
by El Kabong  (2019-12-20 08:12:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My good friend since 2nd grade and I have seen every Star Wars movie together, so this will be our 14th outing since 1977.

The best man at my wedding
by DBCooper  (2019-12-21 00:35:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have done the same since Phantom

Cool tradition.
by The Holtz Room  (2019-12-20 20:26:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Report if I should check it out sooner rather than later.

Did you and Peter Sampson and share one popcorn tub?
by Inigomontoya  (2019-12-20 08:47:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I kid, that’s a cool tradition.

I have a good friend that remembers going to Star Wars with his brothers and the middle brother crapped his pants during the showing because he didn’t want to miss any of the movie. Surprisingly, his brothers never fail to remind him of it 40 years later.