1923 trailer looks amazing
by 105Marquette (2022-11-29 14:17:36)

Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren, Timothy Dalton and Robert Patrick in the cast. They really pulled all the stops.

I prefer the Old Forester 1920. *
by parietals  (2022-11-29 18:36:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did you watch 1883? *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2022-11-29 17:47:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes and I liked it more than Yellowstone. *
by 105Marquette  (2022-11-29 19:25:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yellowstone is fine, but it’s repetitive.
by Bruno95  (2022-11-30 06:09:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a single season, 1883 is pretty good. They drew out one storyline far too long. But Sam Elliot was great.

I think Yellowstone is a show best watched once a week, like regular TV shows. Every season feels the same. Outside forces threaten the ranch. Beth finds chaos. Rip brooks no shit. Jamie is humiliated. Kayce deals with some trauma that beset Monica. The most intriguing characters and stories — especially Rainwater/the tribe — just fill space.

The show is watchable if you have time to kill, and Costner rules. I did enjoy Jimmy’s time at the 6666 ranch.

Can we at least agree...
by Porpoiseboy  (2022-11-30 18:09:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wind River is the shit?

They need to collaborate with the billions writers
by airborneirish  (2022-11-30 11:37:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just casually dropped that Beth could be a billionaire but for her allegiances to the ranch. When ones weighs that with a statement like "at best the ranch would be worth $500 million" you have to wonder wtf the problem is here.

If someone wants to conserve land and has infinite funds to do so she can. It seems like Beth should have been able to fund the ranch in perpetuity.

There also have been way too many long shots of people standing around while music plays. Maybe I should stop taking gummies before watching but I have been using the fast forward feature this season far too much.

I love Yellowstone, but I agree
by acrossdmiddle  (2022-11-30 11:09:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beth’s self loathing is wearing on me but then she wins me back by kicking someone’s ass. She and Rip are my heroes.

"Does THIS look like f****n Peter to you?"
by irishnyer  (2022-11-30 10:22:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Teeter is the best character on the show.

Michael Landon’s daughter *
by The Holtz Room  (2022-11-30 11:13:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know, right? She's hilarious. *
by irishnyer  (2022-11-30 11:21:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree...it's a series, it needs natural pauses. The best
by CoachS  (2022-11-30 10:19:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

characters and story lines for me involve "cowboyin". Lloyd & Jimmie are my favorites, but the whole bunkhouse crew makes the show for me. I also like Mo, the head of Rainwater's security.

These performances add a very necessary dose of reality to the "Sopranos Run a Cow/Calf Outfit" story line.

I haven't watched Yellowstone but I did watch 1883. *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2022-11-29 19:36:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post