If the media is asking MSU about its awareness of Nassar
by ACross (2018-01-18 12:46:48)
Edited on 2018-01-18 12:49:29

And his conduct, should the media be asking about any other individual's awareness of Nassar's conduct? Role in developing policies and protocols at US Gymnastics? Was Nassar the only man at US Gymnstics who preyed upon women and were not immediately held to account?

Hey Sampson, do you feel like doing something besides giving fanboys internet hand dookies?

posted without comment - res ipsa (link)
by saderdomer  (2018-01-18 18:07:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Article about this just showed up on Yahoo
by NJND96  (2018-01-18 17:05:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow, what a total disaster. I feel terrible for those girls.

I understand the local lick-spittles ignoring this
by meatwhistle  (2018-01-18 15:15:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But a bit surprised the national folks haven't dug deeper.

Hope this observation hasn't embarrassed anyone.

The linked article addresses the USA Gymnastics organization
by ACross  (2018-01-18 17:11:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The questions are right there, waiting to be asked,

Then again, is scienter privileged?

r u aloud 2 say that here? *
by 84david  (2018-01-18 14:07:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if only we would of won more games! *
by jt  (2018-01-18 14:25:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know for a fact that 10-3 earns you 2 more years *
by notredomer2005  (2018-01-18 15:13:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More like 4 more years even if one is 4-8. *
by Tdiddy07  (2018-01-18 17:07:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anyone of particular interest? *
by John88  (2018-01-18 13:31:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

these vile discussions have no place on an ND fanboard! *
by jt  (2018-01-18 13:12:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maybe it's time for a pedophile watch board...
by abqgant  (2018-01-18 16:24:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maybe we could have a "next pervert to resign" contest

Have lots of people really said this? Or were they
by KevinPS  (2018-01-18 13:47:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

questioning the motivation of such postings? That is, if Swarbrick had presided over a football program that had won 80% of it's games, would these posts see the light of day?

He's done a lousy job as the AD. And, he should be questioned about what he knew, etc. regarding USA Gymnastics. The latter is just a lot more important than the former.

Your reply reflects a poor understanding of the themes here
by Chuck84  (2018-01-18 19:16:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Poor stewardship and lack of accountability have always been the chief concerns. They represent far broader concerns than just mediocre football. Disappointing football results are more the symptom than the disease. The "Just Win" rejoinder misses the mark badly.

One must have a low opinion of ND alums...........
by Ty Webb  (2018-01-18 13:56:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if they think they'd overlook any potential issues Swarbrick may have had with regards to the US Gymnastics scandal just because we were kicking ass on the football field.

Thats not his point
by irishboy89  (2018-01-18 16:20:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course we'd be concerned if our AD participated in this cover up somehow (even if we were winning). But Kevin is saying that these sort of "anybody want to check into this" baseless and veiled accusations only occur because people are unhappy with Swarbrick to begin with. If ND football was winning, these posts (which are the first step towards a witch hunt IMO) would never have been written.

Assuming that's true, wouldn't that be a bigger indictment
by tdiddy07  (2018-01-19 16:37:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of people? That they don't want to critically analyze something because they don't want to rock the boat of something that they like?

They aren't "baseless" at all.
by JHND  (2018-01-19 16:09:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Swarbrick was the general counsel for US Gymnastics throughout much of the period when it was receiving and continually ignoring numerous complaints about Nassar's behavior. It's reasonable to think he may have been involved. In fact, it's pretty unreasonable to think that he wasn't.

Sounds like you’ve done your homework
by ACross  (2018-01-18 18:30:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well informed, well reasoned, well articulated position.

Baseless accusations aren't being made
by 2ndstreeter  (2018-01-18 17:57:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A logical question about Swarbrick's potential exposure and/or knowledge due to the position he held is not due to outrage about his performance as AD as you suggest.

Let's not make the mistake Penn State did.

Witch hunt my....

At least 14 people at Michigan State heard about Nassar
by harmonica  (2018-01-18 16:40:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before anything was done. The president was informed of at least one complaint.

It's not out of the question that the Notre Dame AD was aware of allegations against Nassar in his role of general counsel for USA Gymnastics, an entity currently being sued for negligence during the period he represented it.

You think no one would be wondering about that possibility if the football team were any good? I'm wondering if it's possible he didn't know anything, especially given his amnesia-induced deposition about his clients' problems with sexual assault.

who wrote mckayla maroney's nda?
by cujaysfan  (2018-01-18 18:38:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and god help us if sally jack was anywhere near that thing

I think Saucy was long gone by the time of her settlement
by ACross  (2018-01-18 18:53:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do think there was some overlap between Nassar’s tenure and Swarbrick’s. Not sure about Maroney and Swarbrick but I don’t think so.

I do believe Swarbrick had a role in some bullshit policy that stated that USAG needn’t report to authorities certain reports others because they were “hearsay”.

But to be clear - I do not know whether Swarbrick had any actual or constructive knowledge of Nassar’s abuse or the other abuse that was perpetrated by USAG coaches. But the questiosnshould be asked. Ditto, questions about his role about formulating policies that might have shielded the perpetrators and exposed the girls to harm.

The deposition is interesting reading.

reading that deposition is vile
by jt  (2018-01-18 18:59:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and among the worst things one could do, almost as vile as the 2016 election which has destroyed many people's entire life's work.

Well, we are ruining ND Sports. Which is not aloud. *
by 1NDGal  (2018-01-18 14:13:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lots of people really have
by jt  (2018-01-18 13:52:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I find it somewhat insulting when the homers say things like "all of these issues would be solved with just winning more football games."

I would be very disappointed with a program that has had the academic and discipline issues that this program has had regardless of record; it's just an added bonus that we've pretty much been mediocre these past few decades.

I guess you would be fine with such a program as long as it won at a higher clip. We're just different that way I guess.

Hey
by HTownND  (2018-01-18 15:25:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was just student on student cheating, for 8 years, by someone collecting a paycheck from the athletic department.

It's not 1988 anymore, we are accountability free these days, no one is responsible for anything, I mean, how can we hold anyone responsible for 18-22 year olds.

Student on student sounds like fun *
by acrossdmiddle  (2018-01-18 17:19:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everybody elese is doing it, so why can't we?
by ACross  (2018-01-18 15:39:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Self reporting. Oversigning.

I don’t see the two issues as linked whatsoever *
by ACross  (2018-01-18 13:52:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post