I sat in the same area last year and agree 100%
by wrathofsorin (2018-10-15 11:19:30)

In reply to: Sorry for new thread on this, but jtron TOO TOO loud  posted by btownirish

It was impossible to have a conversation with anyone when the Tron was playing between plays.

This is going to come across as harsher than I intend it
by Catdog2  (2018-10-15 11:45:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but for fans that want to have a pleasant conversation during a game, you can do that at home on your couch.

I'm all for inviting kids to games, and I admit that I have sensitive ears as a kid as well. But a football game is a place where the sensitive kiddos just need to get over it as they do in every other stadium. You don't go to a concert and then complain about the noise.

Games are supposed to be loud and fans are supposed to yell.

The tron is definitely not THAT loud.

The biggest issue with it is the broadcasting of the team prayer, which is super lame for reasons which have already been posted here, and the risk of whoring it out to corporate advertisers.

Agree on the kid part
by chicagond99  (2018-10-15 12:00:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jumbotron or not, a college football stadium is hopefully going to be loud. And if a 6 year old has sensitive ears, then they're going to often have a tough time at it.

The problem is that the crowd wasn't loud.
by Domer84  (2018-10-15 12:34:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Particularly in the first half of the game, the place was a morgue. And then the Jumbotron would kick on and it was a little startling. I was sitting in the north end zone, I can't imagine how loud it was in the South. So the only noise was artificially generated.

I'm talking more of the "That Kelly sure is an idiot" type
by wrathofsorin  (2018-10-15 11:53:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of conversation, rather than the "How is your golf game doing?" type of conversation.

I haven't been back since the Temple game last year...so perhaps they've turned it down some. But in the South end of the stadium for that game, I thought it was deafening.

I agree with you in terms of the loudness of the stadium...and Im the first one to be trying to get my seatmates to get up and yell. At the game I was at, in the section I was in, the Jumbotron actually had the opposite effect of getting the crowd into he game. People would just turn around and stare at the giant screen when it was blaring.