So when did the down in front crowd become so
by TWO (2018-10-15 16:06:47)

In reply to: Worst Down in Front Experience  posted by ndalum88

much of a problem. Been going to ND games since '86 and it seems like I don't remember much of that but then in the late 90's it seemed to become a problem that many people complained about.

Is it just that we have a forum to complain about them or did something change. FWIW Texas fans complain about similar problems with fans and feel like that is why DKR/Memorial Stadium is not an intimidating place to play like Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

I don't have 100s of games in the stadium like some of you
by wearendhockey  (2018-10-16 10:26:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but it seems to me the line of demarcation came with the expansion of the stadium. The crowds seemed different before 1997 versus afterwards. Again, I have been to games there perhaps a dozen times before 1997 and maybe that many since (although none since 2006). I don't attribute the changes to years and years of mediocre football either. I noticed it the first time I was in the expanded stadium, which was 1998, when we all still believed.

When the team stopped being elite
by HTownND  (2018-10-15 16:09:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The irony of the get loud Michigan clip is that the people in the stadium that day (all 59k of them) were able to get loud all on their own, without prompting, without anything else.

People just understood how important that was to winning a title.

We've lost that, and I'm not sure it's coming back anytime soon.