Why does Wake have MFN status and Miami not?
by El Kabong (2019-01-10 13:24:27)
Edited on 2019-01-10 13:25:44

I took a look at the ACC games since the deal started in 2014 and the ones scheduled going out for the next couple years through 2024, which I selected because at that point we'll have played four games against every team in the conference. Couple things I noticed.

The only three teams against whom ND will not play four games in that stretch are Wake Forest, who get five (3 at ND), and only three for NCState (1 at ND) and, of all teams, Miami (2 at ND). I'm willing to consider existing contracts may have ended up giving Wake the extra game -- we had H/H with them going on when this was announced -- but why the hell would they shortchange themselves ND/Miami games?

So far, ND has only played one game against Louisville, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, and Duke, so expect the upcoming schedules to feature those teams more. For example, ND and Clemson play three out of four seasons between 2020 and 2024. On the flip side, ND already has played Syracuse three times, so we won't see them again for a while.

Replies: