The last Chiefs QB to win a playoff game at home?
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-01-11 13:10:48)

This guy.

Bonus trivia: the only other KC QB to win a playoff game at home also came from the Niners: Steve DeBerg. All other playoff victories were on the road or in the Super Bowl.

His record is safe. Go Colts *
by BacTien  (2019-01-11 14:04:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

5-10 inches of snow forecasted *
by irishrock  (2019-01-11 14:24:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

EDIT: Not quite.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-11 17:24:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

EDIT: You apparently are referring to today's weather, not Sunday's weather.

I’ve shoveled the driveway 3x already *
by irishrock  (2019-01-12 13:25:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

7 inches on the ground here in Kansas City already. *
by milhouse  (2019-01-12 13:13:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But they play today (Saturday) *
by sullivan79  (2019-01-12 11:06:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Colts, whose impressive run has come while not facing
by jrdjr84  (2019-01-11 14:11:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

any of the league's top ten offenses, and who have been playing indoors, against the Chiefs, who not only have the AFC's best record while playing the toughest schedule, but whose defense at home is almost two touchdowns a game better than on the road. Everybody's loving on the Colts and questioning the Chiefs. Great. Folks here in KC are sweating what has felt like a playoff curse. I would note that the Chief wearing number 15 is the most dynamic player to do do since that all-time great who wore number 16.

Stat of the week regarding Mahomes and his defense:
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-11 14:13:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At New England, at LA Rams. Chiefs are playing at home *
by jrdjr84  (2019-01-11 20:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Colts-Chiefs: highest O/U ever for an outdoor playoff game. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-11 21:37:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Joe ended the season for a great Oilers team..
by TWO  (2019-01-11 13:38:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in Houston to boot. He rallied the Chiefs in the 2nd half against a pretty good Oiler defense coached by legendary Buddy Ryan who had earlier in he season gone after OCoord Kevin Gilbride on Nat'l TV because he hated what the Run'shoot Oilers offense did to his defense.

I was really conflicted about the game, it was a fun Oiler team that I thought might make it to the Super Bowl, but then I really loved what Joe did on the field.

Sadly Joe's magic ran out in the cold at Buffalo.

HOUSTON — It was a day Joe Montana was to be broken at the hands of the unfeeling Houston Oilers.

But when the fighting stopped, the hands raised triumphantly were his.

The legend was supposed to end, but the legend only grew. Montana rallied the Kansas City Chiefs to 28 second-half points Sunday in defeating the Houston Oilers, 28-20, in the AFC semifinals.

Their 11-game winning streak having disappeared, the Oilers sought comfort in the supernatural.

"Amazing, just amazing," safety Bubba McDowell said. "It's almost like Joe Montana's got magic. Seriously. How does he do it? I mean, how does he do it?"

How, indeed? That question was left for Montana to savor after he threw three touchdown passes in the final 26 minutes to bring the Chiefs to within one game of their first Super Bowl in 24 years.

The same Oilers team blew a 35-3 lead the year before.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-11 13:48:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Bills came back with the current Colts head coach as their QB - Frank Reich.

Reich was also QB for largest NCAA football comeback
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-01-11 18:58:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In 1984, Maryland trailed Miami 31-0 at halftime but won 42-40

Link to story from history.com

That was a tough day to be a little kid.
by tdiddy07  (2019-01-11 13:50:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never rooted for the Bills in a game since. It was easier to handle Montana beating the Oilers.

I wasn't a little kid, but it was still a rough day. *
by TWO  (2019-01-11 13:54:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we beat Pittsburgh in OT...I was at that game
by irishrock  (2019-01-11 13:15:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As well, I was at the game when DeBerg beat the Raiders.

I'm 49 years old...and the Chiefs haven't been in the Super Bowl in my lifetime

The Chiefs and Titans are the only two teams not to hold an AFC Championship at home...a win changes that for next week

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. I didn't sleep last night and won't tonight either.

Please, football versions of Zeus or Odin...let the Chiefs win tomorrow. For my sanity.

Perhaps you mean to call on the great spirit Maheo
by ThreeD  (2019-01-11 16:27:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maheo seems awfully similar to Mahomes. Coincidence?

From site at link:
Religion has always been a powerful influence around the world starting at the beginning of time. Religion is an internalized control within the social societies. It contributes to many of the ways of life for the Cheyenne Indians. What led to this way of thinking? Everything has a beginning, present, and end. The present day did not reach today without a beginning. As same in all religion, it begins with a myth. The beliefs of the Cheyenne Indians begins with the myth of Maheo. Maheo is known to be as their Divine God, Divine Creator, Great Spirit, or “Wise One Above.”

Him too
by irishrock  (2019-01-11 16:52:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d admit to just about any sin short of sodomy if that would get a Chiefs victory for tomorrow

Tyreek Hill touched the ball an average of 7 times his Sr
by 93NationalChampions  (2019-01-11 15:22:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Year. He is probably the fastest kid ever to play in Georgia or maybe even America. So the Falcons passed on him
And Alvin Kamara. His hs coach is no longer a head coach. I hope he wins a ring. He’s done some good things for one of the poorest communities in Georgia. His grandparents raised him.

Dave Kreig had a TD pass in that game for the Chiefs? (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-11 13:24:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Montana was injured in the 1st Q
by tjnd88  (2019-01-11 14:35:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dave Krieg played well as his sub until Montana returned to rally KC to the win.

Dave Kreig. That is a name I have not heard in a long time. *
by MobileIrish  (2019-01-11 14:01:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was at that game, too. Who knew it would be so long? *
by Rosecrea  (2019-01-11 13:23:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post