It’s tempting to pile on here and abuse Weis but let’s not.
by Boomer80 (2019-01-21 10:27:33)

In reply to: I just want to state the obvious  posted by SEE

He tried, he sucked. He’s gone. End of story.

I disagree.
by PeteatND  (2019-01-21 11:25:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Weis’ attitude since his tenure here, with every indication being that he feels totally “screwed” by the University that (very unjustly) gave him tens of millions in severance comp (that very easily could’ve gone toward need-based aid/scholarships), tells me all I need to know about the man.

And that’s putting aside numerous other stories of boorish, classless behavior — a couple of which are first hand — during his time on campus.

Fuck that piece of shit.

This is a howler
by pmcdnd96  (2019-01-21 20:10:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"gave him tens of millions in severance comp (that very easily could’ve gone toward need-based aid/scholarships"

We have an eleventy gazillion dollar endowment. If we really wanted to give out more aid, we could.

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it. The world needs
by 1NDGal  (2019-01-21 20:54:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ditch-diggers too.

What exactly do you mean by this?
by tahoeirish89  (2019-01-22 12:26:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Taken at face value, I'm understanding you're comment to read if you need financial aid to attend ND, the school is better off without you.

Isn’t that ND’s message? It’s shameful. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-01-22 14:26:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Couldn't agree more!
by tahoeirish89  (2019-01-22 18:21:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought you were being sarcastic, but then did a double take and thought it better to clarify.

And the people that wrote that contract... *
by Tonybullets  (2019-01-21 12:15:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Other than that, he is a great guy *
by drmurray  (2019-01-21 11:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I got a good chuckle to myself yesterday
by doghoused  (2019-01-21 10:35:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Weis was one of the first people to tweet out congratulations to Kyle Rudolph for winning the NFL Man of the Year. Of course, Rudolph had not yet won it (he won the fan vote), so while it was a nice gesture by CW, it was just another example of his inattention to detail, which had cost him so much while head coach. The irony did not escape me.

See post below, he was reading Rock’s last night *
by irishrock  (2019-01-21 10:47:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post