That 2009 game was one of the worst-officiated
by bluengold07 (2019-02-14 11:55:03)

In reply to: Let's not forget we are 1-7 in Ann Arbor since 1997.  posted by domer4

Games I’ve ever seen. We really got screwed that day.

The only time I've been more upset with officials
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-02-15 12:00:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was after the Duke-ND NCAAT basketball game about 16-17 years ago. I think it might have actually been worse in the ND-Michigan game, but I didn't care as much since Weis was on his way out... but it was still enough to really, really piss me off. I remember the officials just jogging off the field before the game was even completely over, those corrupt pieces of shit.

The overturned Armando Allen TD was outright theft. *
by irishset  (2019-02-14 15:06:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there was a holding penalty on Sam Young that was
by irishrock  (2019-02-14 15:15:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ridiculous. Young was going 315lbs and the DE he crushed was maybe 240lbs. Negated a huge pass play to Rudolph.

That game was a nightmare. The 2011 game was the stupidest game of football I've ever watched. And I'd say that if we would have won it. It was an embarrassment to the game of football and both teams should be ashamed.

Don't forget the P.I. non-call on Golden Tate at the end.
by jakers  (2019-02-15 09:39:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, we probably could have just run the ball on that drive and eaten up enough clock to seal the win, and Weis couldn't help himself but to get cute.

That said, the Go route that was called for Tate had him alone in man coverage, and the defender outright tackled him. Had the obvious flag been thrown, the game would have been over with the fresh set of downs.

yeah, I remember that now. Terrible call
by jt  (2019-02-15 20:10:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the guy covering him was the guy from the thong song, I believe. Cisco, or something like that.

Cissoko, but I like your answer better. *
by jakers  (2019-02-15 21:11:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is he out on parole yet? *
by domer4  (2019-02-15 21:12:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The list goes on
by Twinkie the Kid  (2019-02-15 10:13:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cissoko forearm shot to Floyd's head when he's on the ground. No call. Dumb shit Matt Millen quips, "it's getting chippy out there."

Flagging Wood for a taunting penalty after scoring what would have been go ahead TD. Wood's transgression was pointing at the student section and holding his finger in front of his mouth to shush the crowd.

Back judge bear-hugging Forcier after his go ahead TD so he wouldn't get called for a excessive celebration penalty.

0:02 left on the clock at midfield at the end of the game, Tate is down and the clock should've stopped -- this would've given Clausen one more chance to heave it to Tate, Floyd, and/or Rudolph. Instead, refs let clock run out and they take off into the tunnel (Weis just stood there on the field, waiting for the officials to come back out and put the 0:02 back on the clock so ND could run one more play -- nothing).

And as already mentioned, Young's "hold" on Roh (it was a nasty pancake block), Tate's no call PI on 3rd down to ice the game, and Allen's overturned TD -- all terrible.

2009 Michigan and 2004 Pitt are the only two games I've ever watched where I blame the officials for an ND loss. And 2009 Michigan was the worst. It wasn't just one or two bad calls or missed calls. It was systematic.

2004 Pitt....ugh.
by jakers  (2019-02-15 21:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had forgotten that one. Yeah, that was criminal.

I was at that 2011 game.
by 01momanor  (2019-02-14 15:42:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember remarking to my friend that it looked like Cincinnati and San Diego State wearing something kind of similar to ND and Michigan uniforms.

yes, but also one of the most poorly coordinated games
by jt  (2019-02-14 12:05:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the defensive side of the ball that I've ever seen. Weis' playcalling towards the end also was questionable, as he left them time and timeouts due to calling excess pass plays that went incomplete.

Just all in all a frustrating game in a season full of them. Weis' teams were Faust-like in that respect.

The 1999 excess celebration penalty on Brown
by domer4  (2019-02-14 11:58:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wasn't any better. It gave them terrific field position on the kick off.

And don't forget the 1986 out of bounds of Williams (which was at ND).

Both of those calls changed a probably changed an ND victory into a loss.

'99 had more bogus calls than just the Brown flag.
by jakers  (2019-02-15 09:32:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That one was absurd, yes, but Anthony Thomas' knee also hit the ground on his "touchdown" run that gave them the final lead.

Agreed
by HTownND  (2019-02-15 14:30:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although the Brown flag was just an awful awful call.

The others, without review, were sort of par for the course. The Brown flag was just a blatant FU to ND.

Bob Davie was just really really bad at these types of games and crunch time end of game situations.