Grunhard? His dad was mentioning he’d be the C this year
by Irishrock (2019-03-04 06:38:04)

In reply to: Small team update, Patterson has been shifted to center  posted by SEE

He’s on sports talk radio and is an obviously proud dad. He mentioned he was the #2 last year and the likely starter this year. I don’t believe he’s especially big so that could be an issue as he’s likely 6’

is his son a walk on?
by jt  (2019-03-04 11:18:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I ask because I don't know, not trying to bag on the kid if he is (or any other walk on, for that matter).

Preferred walk on, same high school as Jafar Armstrong.
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-03-04 13:37:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My super buttmad KSU coworker was upset about how Grunhard "came in at the 1tth hour and stole him away", in his mind Grunhard got his kid a PWO scholarship at Notre Dame more successfully by gift wrapping the staff one of the only meaningful football recruits in the KC metro to go along with his son.

When I asked if he was supposed to go to KSU or something he just said he "wished that Armstrong would have stuck around in the area" (I think he was committed to Mizzou?). If Grunhard's son winds up being a meaningful contributor on an offensive line that isn't compete ass I would love to bring that up to said coworker.

EDIT: I also doubt his claims too, obviously I think there is a Jafar link there but it's more of a matter of those two being good buds and wanting to play at the same place, not that Grunhard is some swindler with a kid who isn't that great at football like said coworker seemed to imply.

Does the idiot realize
by quasimodo  (2019-03-04 15:39:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Grunhard was an ND player and that PWOs do NOT get scholarships? Sometimes they earn them by their third or fourth year but they do not get scholarships out of the gate. But they pay full tuition until then.

That's why they don't count against the max number of 85 scholarships allowed by NCAA. This year we got 3 of them but none of them count against the max.

Q

I misspoke when I said scholarship.
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-03-04 16:59:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both he and I realize that's not a thing, but he does feel that his place on the team was basically held down by getting Armstrong to come to ND.

Yep, walk-on..
by BigNDfan  (2019-03-04 11:36:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he'll be behind Patterson and an EE by the time Fall rolls around.

Grunhard and Ruland will battle for the 2 spot.
by goldhelmethead  (2019-03-04 12:36:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you are speaking of Zeke Correll as the EE he will most likely red shirt to add weight and learn. He is only listed at 265lbs right now but will play closer to 290 plus.

There's a chance...
by BigNDfan  (2019-03-04 14:19:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ruhland simply hangs it up by the Fall.

Luke Jones, too.
by rkellyatrecess  (2019-03-04 13:19:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Colin Grunhard's playing career at Notre Dame may have already ended.

Luke Perry, apparently not *
by ACross  (2019-03-04 15:31:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, but we have a spot available for Donna Martin
by jt  (2019-03-04 15:52:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

provided she graduates

Slightly OT: which station is he on? *
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-03-04 09:32:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WHB. 810 AM. He doesn't have his own show but is a
by Rosecrea  (2019-03-04 10:31:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

frequent guest on the 6:00 AM-10:00 AM and 10:00 AM-2:00 PM shows, particularly during football season.

Awesome, thanks. I mostly listen to 610 just for the Royals
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-03-04 13:32:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but they have some Michigan assclown on there all too frequently. I need to listen to 810 more in the football season I suppose.

He's injured but was never expected to start. *
by BigNDfan  (2019-03-04 08:11:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is also injured, and will not play this spring.
by mustangman  (2019-03-04 07:30:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So, that obviously plays a factor too. Maybe he will have a chance to compete to be the starter in the fall.