The numbers don't back up your memory
by luckymcd (2019-09-23 09:39:53)
Edited on 2019-09-23 09:44:55

In reply to: If ND only got as much from its talent as WI does its  posted by tricio

I'm not sure if it's my comment you're referring to or not; but as tends to be the case with teams other than our own, the highs seem to get remembered while the lows get missed.

Wisconsin's record by opponent since Bielema left:

Ohio St. 0-4
Michigan 2-2 (we're 2-1 in the same timeframe)
Penn St. 0-3
Michigan St. 1-0 (we're 2-1 in the same timeframe)

They're also just 3-3 against Northwestern in that time and have lost seven games to unranked teams in seven seasons.

I understand the appeal of Chryst or other coaches from Wisconsin. They run a system far better suited to our recruiting base than we do. They also have achieved similar levels of success as we have with less highly regarded recruits. It's important to consider all the facts when considering coaches though, and I don't think that is being done by those championing Wisconsin.

Yeah..I am a Wisconsin fan..
by NDFaninMadTown  (2019-09-23 10:42:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Living here in MadTown..I'm not convinced just yet about anything other than Taylor being really good. Not sold on QB, I think OSU handles them in Columbus. Last year was awful. They really crapped away some games. Minnesota on road to finish will be hard, as will road trip to Nebraska.

Nebraska had to come back against Illinois this weekend
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-09-23 10:57:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to win by four (4) points, outscoring Illinois 15-3 in the 4th quarter. This is the same Illinois team that lost to Eastern Michigan. That Nebraska game shouldn't be hard unless it's Scott Frost's Super Bowl.

it will be a little different in Lincoln
by NDFaninMadTown  (2019-09-23 16:23:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nebraska will give Wisconsin a game, I don't think Nebraska will win but I want to see Wisconsin play a team with a pulse on the road.

They still haven't played a team with a pulse at all. Michigan really sucks, especially on the road.

Turnovers had a lot to do with the NU-UI game ***
by beorach  (2019-09-23 14:38:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ccfond