Taylor looking to follow-up Tyree with 5-star
by SEE (2019-10-15 21:15:29)
Edited on 2019-10-15 21:45:06

Will Shipley. When’s the last time we landed a 5-star RB? And when’s the last time there was a white 5-star back?

"You can't get what you get a Notre Dame at many other places," said Shipley. "Obviously there is Stanford, Northwestern, but the football included with that academic advancement, it's crazy. Notre Dame's academics is one of the best in the nation and to be able to also play Power 5, D1 football at the highest level and have a chance to contend for national championship, you really can't find that anywhere else. The academics were very, very impressive. That does play a huge deal to my family and I, and that part is huge to me."

Highlites
by PWK2  (2019-10-16 11:34:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Couldn't watch. That camerawork was causing motion sickness
by nostraDONus  (2019-10-16 12:48:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sorta like watching the Blair Witch Project.

Mute recommended for viewing *
by nd44  (2019-10-16 11:53:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reminds me of a white Christian McCaffrey *
by Groundhog  (2019-10-15 23:27:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very cerebral...a coach on the field *
by JClarke  (2019-10-16 13:25:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or a white Sam McGuffie *
by Ajax  (2019-10-16 01:31:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or a photogenic Cam McDaniel *
by trout  (2019-10-16 05:42:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's redundant. *
by Tex Francisco  (2019-10-16 10:01:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your post is redundant. See the prior two *
by athlete37  (2019-10-16 12:24:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A better Blake Ezor *
by MR_IRISH  (2019-10-16 09:54:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coach Taylor was a colossal get, still don’t understand how
by 1NDGal  (2019-10-15 23:25:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BK got him but whatever.

I think Tyree verballed to ND less than two weeks after Lance got to campus. Tyree says he wants to be coached by the guy who made McCaffrey and Love and that’s all there is to it, he’s coming.

Getting Shipley the following year would be too many riches for me to count.

Kind of weird
by BIG MAC  (2019-10-15 23:47:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have had some really good, even great hires once Kelly goes outside the crony-zone.

I’ve been saying that for a while.
by revressbo  (2019-10-15 22:26:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While many (mostly not on this site) in our fanbase/media have used academics as an excuse for mediocre recruiting and on-field results for years (it’s really not as much of a hinderance as many make it out to be), I’ve always thought of our academics as a great recruiting opportunity, and our campus culture a unique selling point among the college football bluebloods. OSU, Michigan, Alabama, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Georgia, Penn State, Florida, FSU, Clemson... they’re all large state schools. They’re all pretty similar.

Obviously, those schools are not exactly the same as each other, and I’m not trying to say you can’t get a great education at most of those schools (and I hate when a lot of our fanbase arrogantly acts like you can’t). But what top program provides an undergrad experience like ours? USC? Miami? They’re private schools, but really not all that similar to us.

We should embrace our academics AND uniqueness. Many, probably most, top recruits are looking for something different. But there should be enough out there that we can get where we, essentially, wouldn't have to compete with any other school. If we try to be too much like everyone else, we will lose our identity. There’s a fine line between making necessary advancements (such as sports science, nutrition, conditioning, on-field strategy, etc.) and becoming a football factory that tries too hard to keep up with the Joneses.

Mike McNair? *
by Tex Francisco  (2019-10-15 21:55:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Greg Bryant *
by SavageDragon  (2019-10-15 21:27:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

RIP
by Twinkie the Kid  (2019-10-16 08:27:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He and Folston could've been a great 1-2 combo.

Before Bryant, I think James Aldridge was a 5-star by most recruiting services.