I’m not sure I want them to make the playoff
by Bluengold07 (2019-10-16 17:52:37)

In reply to: I have a path to the playoffs if anybody cares...  posted by irishdemon

I can’t see this offense moving the ball against any of the top teams, and I fear the result would be similar to last season’s. I’d almost rather go 11-1 and pummel a GO5 team in the Cotton Bowl or an ACC team in the Orange Bowl.

Agree. We need a major bowl win
by btd  (2019-10-17 00:18:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There have been many years where we got blown out instead of getting to play the one or two half assed teams in the major bowls that we easily would have beaten. It has set us back recruiting wise multiple times.

We can’t force Kelly to change our offense. Reality is until that’s fixed we are going to get our ass handed to us by any playoff team. We can at least end the 26 year stigma of losing major bowls. Then move on to now to solve the offense issue.

Completely agree
by gordonbombay  (2019-10-17 10:16:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We've had the worst possible luck with major bowl matchups (not an excuse for not winning any of them, but it's true) in the last 15 years in particular. Thanks to the stupid contracts all these bowls made with conferences, we have essentially a free pass to get a pretty fortunate matchup for once. Let's take advantage of it and take another run at the playoff next year when the schedule (Wisconsin & Clemson, in particular) makes it more feasible.

This season, I'm with you *
by El Kabong  (2019-10-16 21:05:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We pummel nobody...but I understand your point *
by MR_IRISH  (2019-10-16 20:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm with you. For once, let's end on a high note *
by ndzippy  (2019-10-16 18:47:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A win over Boise State in the Cotton Bowl, I'll pass. *
by k-rock  (2019-10-16 20:38:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A win in 2012 over K state v crushed by Bama
by btd  (2019-10-17 00:20:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d rather have backed into a title.

Chip, Chair and a Chance *
by K-Rock  (2019-10-17 11:12:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post