The “no institutional involvement” prong, which I know has
by 1NDGal (2020-08-04 14:23:30)

In reply to: Could you elaborate on your objections?  posted by TripleDomer

been published and so I’m not alleging you recited the plan incorrectly, is a laugher.

How much a school helps players get N.I.L. cash will become a key criterion in the recruiting process.

Once players can get money, there will be no way to stop the floodgates. And, as I’ve stated before, it will not be good for the locker room. Will linemen kill themselves every play to protect a QB who’s got 6 figures in N.I.L. money and they’ve only got a few grand apiece? If collegiate athletics are going to be about money, they are going to be about money.

I’d advocate for a set stipend per player that is taken out of a gross sponsorship budget of some kind.

No institutional involvement is necessary for at least one
by tf86  (2020-08-04 16:58:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Huge reason: Title IX.

If there is institutional involvement, NIL becomes a Title IX issue, plain and simple. And the women's sports simply won't command anywhere near the money that football and even men's basketball will.

I will answer your question for you
by jt  (2020-08-04 14:30:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(which I find to be completely ridiculous and an insult to anyone who has ever competed)

Will OL help a qb who has NIL money?

Yes.

1NDGal, I am going to go easy on you here and just say that I don't think that you thought that one out. That is a very, very, very poor question for a variety of reasons. Just very poor.

It’s not 1988 anymore, and don’t patronize me. I chose my
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 14:46:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

words for a reason and you re-wrote them. I also know that it only takes a few bad apples to create a bad situation.

The “haves and have-nots” environment that unfettered N.I.L. will create must be acknowledged.

your thought was complete bull
by jt  (2020-08-04 15:01:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if you chose your words carefully and gave them some thought, I can only assume that you have no idea what you're talking about.

When it's time to compete, it's time to compete. There is a hell of a lot more at stake than someone's endorsements, for God's sake.

Oh no.....
by jerryd  (2020-08-04 21:59:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JT, I think we have a Karen on NDNation.