You know what we call "American football" here? Football.
by bleedsgreen04 (2021-07-29 10:04:52)
Edited on 2021-07-29 13:27:06

In reply to: Good. It probably won't save the sport, but at least  posted by ndhouston

Americans don't give a crap about cricket (which I would be has a much smaller roster size than the NFL, but I don't care about it enough to look it up) nor do we give a shit about soccer.

Rest assured that if we as a country did though, we'd be the best at it. Who gives a shit how football is doing globally? It's still by far the #1 sport here, and people tune in to watch the Super Bowl around the world.

What a very weird tangent to take this thread into, and you do it here of all places?

My criticism is about the economic model
by ndhouston  (2021-07-29 13:20:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Too many players, too few games to keep up with other sports financially.

I just threw the cricket part in a a rather surprise comparison. Baseball and basketball have much higher earning potential in the US anyway.

So you think college football and football in general
by bleedsgreen04  (2021-07-29 13:27:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is hurting economically?

Football has, on average, the highest risk and lowest reward
by ndhouston  (2021-07-29 18:12:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of any major sport. To your point, they aren't hurting, but other sports are doing better.

Social elites like to hate on football as a way to show
by Tex Francisco  (2021-07-29 11:03:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

each other how much better they are than us knuckle dragging rubes.

EDIT: Just want to add, I'm not lumping ndhouston in with the "social elites" I reference above, and honestly, I think your reaction to him was a bit too much. I think he's clearly letting his European perspective skew his opinion, but I didn't get the sense he was trying to be anti-football.

eh, ndhouston's post was terrible
by jt  (2021-07-29 14:10:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it deserved the mocking.

I had one up last night but had to go to bed and didn't want to post and run so I deleted it.

It is just an awful post.

Fair, I toned things down a bit. But ridiculous whatabout-
by bleedsgreen04  (2021-07-29 13:32:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ism was abound above and it definitely miffed me. It was a strange direction to dovetail the whole thread... yeah, cricket in Mumbai will take down the NFL.