Never saw The Hangover or The Hangover II. Was there a III?
by art fern (2022-07-27 13:27:24)

In reply to: Freeman Foskey and Mayer did a Hangover parody  posted by 84david

I realized the original was about a bachelor party in Las Vegas. Back to video, I assume it was true to the script, in that they met in the desert about an exchange for money and (?). It is ostensibly well done.

My only problem with it is the Golics. When Jr. said ‘that uniform won a national championship,’ did Sr. or Jr. ever win a national championship? It looks like they got the wrong Golic.

III may be the worst movie ever, everyone just going thru
by pjnuge  (2022-07-27 14:50:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the motions for contractural obligation (I assume), not funny at all. Worse than Bonfire of the Vanities and Joe vs the Volcano, even.

Both 2 and 3 were terrible *
by Groundhog  (2022-07-27 23:42:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I enjoyed 2.
by VT2ND  (2022-07-28 10:16:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe it had something to do with having seen it immediately on my return from my first trip to Bangkok. Flashbacks, man.

I liked 2 as well.
by doolinbanjos  (2022-07-29 05:42:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They took it even more over the top, and it worked. I have no desire to seem them try to out-do 2.

If that's what it took to get 1 and 2, though
by mocopdx  (2022-07-27 15:28:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well worth it.

No, they didn't
by El Kabong  (2022-07-27 14:46:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jr. obviously did not. Sr. was a Faust player.

Sr.'s brother Bob won a title in 1977, but I don't think that was his jersey.

I'm guessing it was a jersey from 1988.

The 1977 jersey would have been green. *
by k-rock  (2022-07-27 17:34:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which if its '88 it would be Arnold Ale *
by 47Bolcar  (2022-07-27 15:24:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man, what a shame to lose him to UCLA. Great talent.
by 512  (2022-07-27 15:50:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I recall the distance and cold weather were not his thing.

Lou knew he's be gone when he saw him wearing a winter parka
by Moff  (2022-07-27 16:21:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

during the Fall

you on campus in 60 degree weather
by irishrock  (2022-07-27 16:36:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ale wearing gloves, winter coat, scarf, and a stocking hat.

That one week of nice weather in May after the long winter
by Moff  (2022-07-27 16:46:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was the best!

Dome on the shoulder suggests mid-90s practice jersey. *
by IrishGeek  (2022-07-27 15:08:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, that was from well after 1988. *
by Moff  (2022-07-27 16:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. (Spoiler/link).
by revressbo  (2022-07-27 13:44:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They lose their (white) friend Doug and find out he was taken for ransom. The exchange happens in the desert, but the Doug they get back is a different (black) Doug. They eventually piece together they left white Doug on the roof the night before and rescue him.

Pretty good ND version of The Hangover.
by art fern  (2022-07-27 15:24:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One thing I noticed. There were foul, even vulgar language in the real Hangover. I know it's Las Vegas; but did you ever hear us using such profane language, especially about a football game. On campus, we would never use such filthy language.

Based on your language sensitivities, I would advise you
by Freight Train  (2022-07-27 15:59:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not to watch any of The Hangover movies. Unless of course, my sarcasm meter is broken regarding your post.

I don't use smiley faces. *
by art fern  (2022-07-27 16:37:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post