Maybe the guy likes playing football?
by manofdillon (2022-12-02 16:59:26)

In reply to: Sorry, this is plain stupid. Drew is not NFL caliber.  posted by The Flash

I place a ton of value on my Notre Dame education, but it's a bit ridiculous how some on this board and elsewhere act like choosing anything other than an ND education is tantamount to throwing one's life away. I don't see anything stupid about a college athlete wanting to enjoy the experience of competing in a sport they love as long as they can. And for crying out loud, he just led his team to a top-25 ranking and a win over a top-5 opponent. I don't think he's the future for us, but it's not crazy for him to think he can play meaningful football at another school. He seems like a smart kid who comes from a good family, he'll do just fine with a degree from State U or wherever he ends up.

Agree and well said.
by bizdomer09  (2022-12-02 20:50:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your subject line is the exact thought that kept coming to mind for me reading posts questioning his judgment. And an ND degree is wonderful but I think he can get by okay if he needs to wrap up his degree elsewhere. That would seem straightforward enough to explain easily to anyone with common sense in an interview.

I agree with all of this. Obviously the guy loves football.
by irpa  (2022-12-02 17:18:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has probably played his whole life. Most in this Board can’t relate to that unless we are talking about Chess or Debate Club. He doesn’t want it to end so why let it. I do pretty well with my State U degree.