Why do we charge admission to the Spring Game?
by TWO (2023-03-20 11:55:54)

Texas doesn't, they make the weekend a sort of fan fest, Texas A*M does the same.

Granted it cost's money to open the stadium and staff it, but seems like it would be a great time to encourage fans to come and bring their whole families and have a great day. It's not like we can't afford it.

All proceeds go to The Human Fund and are distributed
by 93NationalChampions  (2023-03-21 10:05:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

accordingly.

Money For People *
by ndgenius  (2023-03-21 11:33:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chicks for free. *
by SWPaDem  (2023-03-21 12:53:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I want my *
by exit77  (2023-03-21 14:55:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I tell ya' this Human Fund is a gold mine." *
by ArasEra  (2023-03-21 17:57:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That little (insert your word here) got his own jet airplane
by jmac95  (2023-03-21 23:19:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'll Make his children into millionaires

Someone has to pay for the jet to get Jack *
by JayInTX  (2023-03-21 07:01:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn’t it use to be a fundraiser for the Logan Center? *
by The Beef  (2023-03-20 21:39:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why does ND charge tuition?
by igboston  (2023-03-20 19:58:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because they can. Not because they need to.

They spend like drunken sailors - they need to *
by acrossdmiddle  (2023-03-20 20:56:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jack depends on this money to make ends meet * *
by cameron  (2023-03-20 16:46:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Granny glasses & WhistlePig have gone up in price *
by Scoop80  (2023-03-20 21:51:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't all the proceeds go to charity?
by gregmorrissey  (2023-03-20 12:55:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least I thought they used to support the Notre Dame Club of St. Joseph Valley. Maybe I'm wrong though or maybe they no longer do

It used to go to sponsor scholarships
by Domer84  (2023-03-20 17:04:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

offered by the ND Club of St. Joseph Valley. Not surprised the University keeps it now.

The money now goes to the Rockne Athletics Fund.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-03-20 13:04:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, the word "all" is missing, and I have learned there is a big difference between having that word and not having it, but it probably doesn't matter since it's all staying in-house.

From last year's page:

Money generated from Blue-Gold ticket sales will go to the Rockne Athletics Fund, which helps fund student-athlete scholarships, academic assistance, team travel, facility upgrades, nutrition, and strength and conditioning.

I'd like it if they were donating to a local
by TWO  (2023-03-20 15:53:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

South Bend Charity. Maybe the Logan Center, there is a long list of ND Associate Charities to chose from that's for sure.

At least the ticket sales. Certainly the cost of tickets is low so it's almost free to tell you the truth.

It just seems that would be better than putting it towards things the Ath Dept should easily be covering from TV revenue and other revenue the Ath Dept has coming in from various sources.

I wonder what Meijer's pays for the privilege of being the title sponsor.

So in other words, the athletic department.
by IAND75  (2023-03-20 13:17:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“…helps fund student-athlete scholarships, academic assistance, team travel, facility upgrades, nutrition, and strength and conditioning.”

Yeah, that seems like a silly distinction
by gregmorrissey  (2023-03-20 14:05:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure there's a reason related to retention of the proceeds rather than diverting them to the University's general fund which is supposedly what happens with excess athletic department proceeds.

What, ND offer something free? You're lucky they don't
by NDFanSince81  (2023-03-20 12:40:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

charge for the air you breath while on campus.

Don’t give ‘em any ideas! *
by Lwegs  (2023-03-20 17:07:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

C.S.C. - as the old joke goes. *
by Profkid93  (2023-03-20 12:44:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For the same reason that dogs lick their balls. *
by BeastOfBourbon  (2023-03-20 12:39:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post