Name me a sure thing Notre Dame hire at head coach
by sprack (2023-06-10 16:03:42)
Edited on 2023-06-10 16:08:24

In reply to: I think your second line answers your post.....  posted by Marine Domer

At least viewed that way at the time of hiring, and then lived up to it. I’ll name one: Lou Holtz. That’s it. That’s the list.

Even Frank Leahy had been a head coach for only two years.

Ara had a career record at Northwestern one game over .500 and was coming off a 5-4 season.

Dan Devine had a terrific college coaching record but was coming off a rather lackluster one in the NFL.

It might be wise to wait and see at least a tiny bit.

I’m willing to wait and see with both Freeman and….
by Marine Domer  (2023-06-11 00:22:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shrewsberry which, of course, has nothing to do with my post.

You are vituperative when anyone challenges the status quo. *
by arch_moore  (2023-06-10 22:08:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do not think that word means what you think it does.
by OGerry  (2023-06-10 22:51:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Methuselah has never been vituperative in his short Notre Dame interwebs life.

Switching to hoops: Digger one year HC at Fordham,
by Homeboy73  (2023-06-10 16:22:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doherty no prior HC experience? Brey had HC experience at…Delaware. Shrewsberry 2 years HC at Penn State. McLeod…NBA HC experience.