With tUMD's win over St. Cloud, the field is set.
by Mr Wednesday (2019-03-24 00:24:20)
Edited on 2019-03-24 00:25:22

1. St Cloud
2. Minnesota-Duluth
3. Minnesota State
4. Massachusetts
5. Clarkson
6. Northeastern
7. Quinnipiac
8. Denver
9. Ohio State
10. Arizona State
11. Cornell
12. Notre Dame
13. Harvard
14. Providence
15. Bowling Green
16. AIC

Fargo, ND:
1. St. Cloud
8. Denver
9. Ohio State
16. AIC

Allentown, PA:
2. Minnesota-Duluth
7. Quinnipiac
10. Arizona State
15. Bowling Green

Manchester/Providence
3. Minnesota State
6. Northeastern
11. Cornell
14. Providence

Providence/Manchester
4. Massachusetts
5. Clarkson
12. Notre Dame
13. Harvard

I could see swapping Cornell and AZ State to try to bolster attendance in Allentown. If that happens, NU would have to go along with them, because Quinnipiac is the team that brackets into that regional. I can't see any other changes happening.

PC is not the host of the Providence regional, so they don't have to be there. If I were drawing up the tournament, they wouldn't be, because I don't want to penalize Minnesota State by making them play a sort-of road game in their opener. I don't know what the committee will do. I don't think there's a particular reason to favor putting UMass in either eastern regional, I think they're both a similar distance (and both a drive) from Amherst.

Providence should not get another chance to benefit
by wearendhockey  (2019-03-24 11:12:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from a regional in their hometown. I get that one of the mandates in how the NCAA places teams is "atmosphere and attendance" and I know a HOST team has to be placed in the region they host, but don't reward a 4 seed. Since the NCAA sees that "a flight is a flight" it makes no difference if MSU goes to Manchester or to Providence anyway, so put them in Manchester and keep the bracket perfectly intact. What it is between Providence and Manchester anyway, 90 miles? If your fans won't drive 90 miles to see you play a tournament game you hardly deserve the reward of seeing them play at home when it doesn't HAVE to happen.

It’s not their home ice is it? *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-03-24 11:14:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their home ice is too small ....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-24 12:09:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

although it's pretty nice.

The recent renovation was very nicely done *
by Boston Domer  (2019-03-25 14:14:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PC plays in their on campus field house but the Dunk
by cbo86  (2019-03-24 11:56:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is where they play basketball and is not far at all.

No *
by wearendhockey  (2019-03-24 11:22:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One switch from bracket integrity
by Domer1  (2019-03-24 09:51:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the committee will maintain bracket integrity except for switching Ohio State and Arizona State. Providence will likely play in Providence because the committee seems to do that with non-hosts that are that close.

Fargo, ND:
1. St. Cloud
8. Denver
10. Arizona State
16. AIC

Allentown, PA:
2. Minnesota-Duluth
7. Quinnipiac
9. Ohio State
15. Bowling Green

Providence
3. Minnesota State
6. Northeastern
11. Cornell
14. Providence

Manchester
4. Massachusetts
5. Clarkson
12. Notre Dame
13. Harvard

I'd buy that. I hadn't thought about moving Ohio State. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-03-24 10:04:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Duluth hopes
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-03-24 11:34:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it gets to keep the Sun Devils instead of the Buckeyes.

I like it *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-03-24 10:03:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

why do you think ND wouldn't play in Allentown?
by PADomer  (2019-03-24 07:49:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they want to bolster the attendance in Allentown that is the way to do it. The Irish have a huge following in Philadelphia and NY. The PPL Center will be empty even with Cornell. I have season tickets for the Phantoms so we got tickets for the tournament early. I wear my Irish jersey to the Phantoms games and all the ushers ask me if I think ND will play there. It would be packed if they did.

I don't think ND hockey draws all that well.
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-03-24 10:04:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I could be mistaken. I may be overgeneralizing from some poor turnouts at regionals closer to South Bend.

The other issue is, ND is two spots away from the bracket that I would have expected to put in Allentown. I suppose they could move ND by one spot and put the #3 seed there instead of the #2.

I think we have had more fans in the stands when we've
by wearendhockey  (2019-03-24 10:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

played in the eastern regionals than when we played in Toledo. None of the 4 teams had more than three or four hundred fans in Toledo. Worst "crowd" I have ever seen for a tournament game and one of the most egregious lies I have ever seen in a boxscore. After Notre Dame went down 4-0 midway through the second period I counted the house and there were around 800 people in the stands. We left during the first period of the Miami game and the crowd was no better.

There was a large ND contingent in Bridgeport last year. *
by basicbasket  (2019-03-24 11:34:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The regional finals the year before in Manchester drew flies
by NH74Domer  (2019-03-24 12:37:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

despite the fact that we were playing UML which is about 25 miles away. I guess everyone was expecting a repeat of the HE semi final two weeks before which was one of the poorest performances I’ve ever seen from a Jackso coached team.

It was good in '11 but UNH was hosting *
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-24 14:54:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a boring bracketology
by DakotaDomer  (2019-03-24 07:38:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it’s correct though

I’m assuming they’ll put the Providence group in Providence