When I compare Poulin's time to Jackson's
by wearendhockey (2024-02-13 22:14:37)

In reply to: 21-22 Happened  posted by ndmd99

I realize the environment is different. But the fact is Poulin did not succeed in his, and Jackson is now struggling in this environment.

What the program is doing now is not working more often that it is working. And when I think about what has been posted here for years now, I recall different people have posited that recruiting is picking up, the next new crop looks promising, and we are this close to getting it all together. All of that still equates to us being nothing more than a middle of the pack Big Ten team for 6 straight years, not enough NCAA tournament success, and the same problems plaguing the program year after year. We are not seeing the shortcomings corrected.

Until the addition of Sheahan (and I think that coincided with the NCAA allowing another paid, full assistant) the coaching staff has been completely unchanged for the entirety of Jackson's tenure here. No other NCAA program comes close to that. Not even near. At one point that stability turned into nothing more than staleness. And yet with the same problems cropping up (lack of scoring, special teams issues, recruiting not panning out) nothing changes. Someone is responsible for that.

I realize the sport has changed, what with covid years, transfer portals, rosters overturning, and NIL. But this is the environment we're in now. Jackson appears to have very little affection for it. If so, move on and let someone with an affinity for 2024 take the reins.

Replies: